# Topic 1.13 PTR is LIVE – Patch Notes & FAQ # | 12/10/2009 02:
Quote:I think if it was easy to fix such exploits, they would do it.

I searched for Drop Barb Exploit Fix and came up with this from numerous web-sites:

Quote:Basic description of the 'sploit:
An entity that exceeds 18 (or 19 - something like that) states causes the server to send a packet (0xAA) to the clients in which the state info is too long with no terminator. This results in a deadlocked client, and the victim must end the Diablo II process before they are disconnected from Battle.net (there will be a short delay thereafter as well). This can lead to literal EZPKs.

How to protect yourself against this:
You'll need a third party program that appends a self-fix to the packet so the game can resolve.

What that means is it blocks packet 0xAA if it is corrupt and send the correct packet. How goddamn hard is that? Script kiddies figured out how to fix it without messing with any of the game code or slowing down the servers! Don't tell me Blizzard can't fix it! Pure unadulterated negligence. You have to run a 3rd party program which will most likely get you banned to protect yourself from this exploit!

For something that would require a bit of coding:

As for TPPK, I've read from modders that it's as simple as adding a sanity check after attacks that if target goes hostile, current attack abruptly ends. It's a simple Null modifier that can be added to every skill. Unlike the Drop Barb Exploit, this would require a bit of coding. But again, the only way to defend yourself against TPPK is with 3rd party programs - that will most likely get you banned - which leave instantly when hostiled.

I don't know enough about the Aura-stacking glitch to comment on that.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
# Topic 1.13 PTR is LIVE – Patch Notes & FAQ # | 12/10/2009 02: - by Taem - 12-12-2009, 08:02 PM