Jarulf's Guide to Diablo and Hellfire in German
At first, thanks for giving your permission. At the moment I try to start from your English version.

To get a bit more concrete, I have some further questions. Maybe you say "No" to some or all of them but I think it is worth asking.
  1. Am I allowed to add a readme to the translation in a separate file?<>
  2. Am I allowed to add some text on the first page under your words, e. g.: Translation into German, Version x.xx, by, Spelunker (text will be in German in the translation ;)). If yes maybe you want to tell me a maximum size. Of course won't be as big as your letters but smaller.<>
  3. Do you still have your mail account written in your guide (don't think so) or did only I failed to send you a mail? (content was something like the first post) If not, can/shall/should/do you want me to/must I write a note in my translation or must I not?<>
  4. At the moment I have added two notes in my translation: One is about the table in chapter 10.7 Meaningless information about this guide and says that I didn't changed the content of it and it still belongs to the English versions. The other one is about the country code table in chapter 9.1 Channels and says that I reordered it according to the codes and I have written at first the German name and if the English one differs from the German one I have also written the English one. By the way, I have removed one of the two Albania entries from it. All notes can easily be identified as they are starting with the words Anm. des Übersetzers:, in English note by the translator:. Is this okay and if yes shall I ask for every further note I am thinking to add?<>
  5. <strike>Sometimes I have added some words explaining where an abbreviation comes from, e. g.: One possible German translation of armor class is Rüstungsklasse and there it is hard to see where AC comes from (I did not changed/translated the abbreviations.) without knowing the English words. So I have written Rüstungklasse (AC, for the English (words) armor class), in your version it is only written Armor Class (AC). Is this okay? By the way, at the moment I am not exactly sure which expressions I will translate and which ones not. Maybe this will change.</strike> EDIT: Maybe I will do it the other way around: Leaving the English words when they are given/written in the game and f. e. put at first occurence some German translation/explanation beside it. Is this okay?<>
  6. Sometimes there is an alphabetically ordered list in your guide, e. g. in chapter 9.4 Character icons. In my translation I ordered it alphabetically, too, so the order changes sometimes. Is this okay?<>
    [st]So far,
    Spelunker

Messages In This Thread
Jarulf's Guide to Diablo and Hellfire in German - by Spelunker - 05-19-2007, 02:24 PM