Avarice Alliance takes down Onyxia again...
Gnollguy,Oct 11 2005, 07:08 PM Wrote:And if you mistime your refresh, keep in mind that you are generating aggro that Onyxia sees.  So yeah, she can land and head straight for that paladin that was trying to be good and rebuff people and then breath and kill half the raid because that paladin is standing on the side where they should be.  If you buff too early in phase two then the 5 minute buff can very like just wear off again and not matter.  If you buff at a bad time in phase 3, you can pull aggro with a buff and wipe half the raid.

First, why don't you use the Paladin that has 15 minute improved salvation buff? I am sure you can find one.

Second, it is quite easy to know when to stop buffing. 40% rings a bell? Start buffing at the beginning of stage 2. Spend the rest of time regenerating mana. On horde side, most shamans stand around and shoot Lightning Bolt at Onyxia, with maybe an occasional heal. A few priests is more then enough to keep the whelp groups and everyone else in the raid topped off.

If for some stupid reason the buffing paladin gets aggro from an untimely BoS ahead of Hunters, Warlocks, Rogues, Priests and other Paladin healers, ahead of Warrior who is spamming his highest aggro abilities, you have a bigger problem then just BoS. But let's say you do get into that position, then you can just Bubble. No, it's not aggro wipe. But it's 12 seconds of you being aggro free and it should be plenty of time for MT to overcome your aggro.

Quote:Yes it can be done but it's not that simple.  And of course if the raid is well organized and trying to maximize buffs you only have one or 2 paladins responsible for salvation. If one of them dies it's not the easiest thing to take over...

Welcome to high-end raiding! Onyxia is not like Molten Core, where you can go on auto-pilot most of the fights. Anyway, the only reason anyone in Stage 1 or 2 should die is because of Deep Breath. And if you are having Deep Breath issues that early into stage 2, I don't think your raid is doing too well. And if the paladin dies to the random fireballs Onyxia shoots... Don't ever bring that paladin to the raid again.

Quote:... the duties and yes people get out of range and you have other jobs to do, especially if you only have 2 priests and 2 or 3 druids as your healers and remember with the global cooldown on casting if you are buffing 40 people or even 20 the first one you buffed has half to 1/4 of the 5 minutes gone by the time you buff the last person.
[right][snapback]91702[/snapback][/right]

Oh, that's right, I forgot that alliance has Blessing of Protection they can just put on the mages and not worry at all about mages dying. Horde needs priests for that job however. But that point is moot. Here is a simple plan for BoS buffing!

At the start of stage 2, a single paladin with Imp. BoS buffs people in this order - Warlocks, Hunters, Priests, Warriors, Mages, Rogues, Paladins. Once Onyxia gets to 42% or so, he stops wherever he was and regens mana for the rest of the stage 2. If he dies beforehand, he buffed the people who cause most problems in transition and aggro problems in Stage 3.

This whole argument reminds me of people who have a car and people who walk to work:

- Dude, you have a car, it's so good!
- Yea, but I have to fill it up with gas, and change oil, it's just a really big hassle.
- But dude... You have a car, and I have to walk...
- Car is overrated. Sure, you are protected from wind and rain, and it takes less time to get to work, but you get to have excercise while walking! It's not fair, we are stuck in this car sitting on our butts, while you excercise!
- Uh... k...

Messages In This Thread
Avarice Alliance takes down Onyxia again... - by lemekim - 10-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Avarice Alliance takes down Onyxia again... - by savaughn - 10-11-2005, 10:51 PM