Living of the Land
thanks all, i'll search the forum in the near future.

as for the site you mentioned, Realms Beyond Diablo, i've been there and read a number of Ironman campaign, which are veyr much like LoL. good site.

As for the way i play LoL:
mostly by the rules stated on Bostic's rules site. which comes down mostly to not using any gold. (no buying of items, potions, scrolls/books, no repair, no selling or recharging staves).
I play multiplayer games, although mostly single because i cant find many LoL players on the Europe server anymore.

Since a short time i tend to recreate the possible shrines in town (religious, glimmering, purifying spring) since it saves a lot of walking time and doesnt make much difference.

I play with one exception though, partly because i dont really understand the rules assocoated with dying in singleplayer. When i die, i use the stuff which 'should' be in my inventory, meaning the setup i take from game to game. I find it somewhat nonsense to only use the items that were in the inventory at the moment of dying, since i tend to empty it so i can take more pots and items back from the dungeon.

I do tend to thow away scrolls of resurrect which i gathered, although i dont think i will consider a char game over when it ever might happen that i'm out of scrolls.

Right now my Rogue, Roggebrood, is at l25. Usually i play normal games, cleansing chruch up to l3 or 4 for a full inventory of pots and id scrolls, after which i dive into hell to see where i can get, usually clearing levels, except when low on pots, at which time i decide what to do with the last portion of it.
I've been very lucky in finding religious shrines, which means i still carry around msot of the better items i found, including a Heavy Short Battle Bow of Shock, a Long Battle Bow of Maiming, and recently an Obsidian Short Bow. For armor i found a Plate Armor of Craftmanship (145d/ac43) in nightmare-church. An area which is still pretty hard to cope with btw, down from l4 things start getting hard.
My Helmet still sucks (ac7, +8vit) and since a short time my jewelry is ok (Amu Giants 19, ring Moon5 and ring Stars8, and in my last game a full Lion's amulet from Witchmoon). I also carry around Wizardspike and an amu Brilliance 11 as glasses, which means my max mag is around 95, and most spells with common books are around l 7-10 (3 enchanted shrines), except for Fireball(l1, just found) and Teleport (still zero). Stone Curse and Mana Shield are somewhat lower (4-5) too. For my melee setup i'm still stuck with a Gnarled Root (spc) and Sapphire Kite Shield ac 11.
Resistances are a very large problem still, although (untried as of yet) the Obsidian short bow might help, dont know yet if i'll keep stunning though, else i only have a Lapis(31) ring of Thieves.
Id-ing is a big problem though, i did about 12 runs for my first glimmering at which time i had gathered about 15 jewelries, found one yesterday, so i hope i wont find to many interesting things in the near future ;)

Right now i've been down to Laz room only once, and with only 2 full blues and a full yellow i didnt want to take him on, only lured out the witches. (i can only barely survive one Advoc blast right now). But its jsut since a short time that i can stun enemies in hell with my better bows (heavy//shock and -//maiming). Let alone beat Diablo

Maybe the allowance of one free ID for each tile-set you clear is a good idea, although it might be better to say the item to be ID'd should come from that tileset too, else people will do normal church runs to ID their hell items. (although a church run will probably give you 2-5 ids, but you get the idea i suppose)
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log

Messages In This Thread
Living of the Land - by Toverkol - 06-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Living of the Land - by malach_cha_movis - 06-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Living of the Land - by [vL]Kp - 06-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Living of the Land - by malach_cha_movis - 06-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Living of the Land - by malach_cha_movis - 06-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Living of the Land - by Toverkol - 06-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Living of the Land - by Occhidiangela - 06-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Living of the Land - by Thecla - 06-22-2005, 08:15 AM
Living of the Land - by Hureg - 06-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Living of the Land - by Toverkol - 06-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Living of the Land - by Toverkol - 07-20-2005, 03:41 PM