Mechanics/Stats on proc chances for weapon enchant
lemekim,May 19 2005, 02:19 PM Wrote:Well there is one key difference between them. One is affected by armor, and the other isn't. But afaik fiery can be resisted (Especially by mobs with immunity to fire or high fire resists).

Also, if you are enchanting off-hand, it is generally better to use fiery proc, since it does full damage, while the damage enchant will be reduced by off-hand penalty.
[right][snapback]77954[/snapback][/right]

While bored in my seminar today, I did the same numbers and decided fiery > +5, even with seal of the crusader (which would make my 1.5 spd weapon a 0.9 speed weapon) due to the armor reduction.

Last I checked on my server lifesteal and crusader were both ~100g -- too much for a secondary weapon (heck the sword only cost me 50g). I think lifesteal would be ideal for my usage of it, but it's just too costly. Fiery is about 30-35g, and I might spring for that. +4 was 18g, and I don't know about a +5. I'm a little less interested in buying one, realizing that my +8 from the stone is better than a fiery enchant.

I probably will get crusader if/when I get a semi end game two hander.

Thanks everyone for the data and the discussion, this is all good to know.

Messages In This Thread
Mechanics/Stats on proc chances for weapon enchant - by vor_lord - 05-20-2005, 12:15 AM