single player
Quote: I disagree. I have both of those websites bookmarked.The the 101 articles are intertaining .

Disagree with what? That the freshman diablo articles are excelent resources for players who are new to the game? Not really with you on this one.

Quote:I thought that higher magic would make me find more staffs and other magic items. Thats not what happened.

Of course not, because there is no relation between your character and what spawns. It's all determined by your system clock.

Quote:Not only that but not having any strength to speak of I did not find a single sword or sheild I could use.

Um...This really isnt a suprise if you dont have enough strength to use them. As stated earlier, your stats have no effect on what drops

Quote:I only found one staff of holy bolt in the first three levals,and no bow. also I only found about half as many potions of life and mana.

Again, as stated before, everything is random when it comes to item drops, so for all intents and purposes it comes down to luck.

Quote:The only good thing is my spells from the spellbooks start out using a lot less mana.

This one I really dont understand, unless you mean that because you had a higher mana pool, you were able to cast more spells that are of the same mana cost?

Quote:I have other stuff to do also. If I can try out diferant setups I can learn more a lot quicker. at five points a shot I am looking at what 45 leval ups before I can max out magic.

Again, not really getting what you mean here. Different setups? Not to mention the fact that a diligent player can max out all of his stats as early as clvl 26 by simply buying strength, dexterity, and magic potions from Adria

Quote:As for as cheating . That website that has the 101 guides. one of the guides I think said that you should not level up life untill you max out all other stats and that should happen before level 15. Not without cheating. I have been down as for as level fifteen between 1 and 15 there are not that many level ups

I believe you got this wrong. What your probally talking about is the fact that Vitality is widly regarded as a worthless stat, and points should only be distributed to it after your other stats are maxed. However, it does not mean that you should be able to max your stats at clvl 15. At that point you would have only 75 points for distrubution, which could get a single stat to around 100, depending on which one.

I really dont understand what your attempting to "test out" either, espically as a brand new player. What you really should be working on is honing your skills so you know automatically what you should do when confronting a pack of Lava Maws as opposed to a group of Vortex Lords, or any of the many other situations where strategy is far, far more important than your equipment. Remember, this is Diablo 1, not the click-fest that is Diablo 2.

But hey, thats just my opinion.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"

Messages In This Thread
single player - by dvdljns - 07-01-2004, 05:24 AM
single player - by Urza-DSF - 07-01-2004, 05:40 AM
single player - by Thecla - 07-01-2004, 05:43 AM
single player - by dvdljns - 07-01-2004, 08:05 PM
single player - by Urza-DSF - 07-01-2004, 09:04 PM
single player - by LemmingofGlory - 07-01-2004, 10:56 PM
single player - by dvdljns - 07-01-2004, 11:34 PM
single player - by dvdljns - 07-02-2004, 12:17 AM