"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
... position on the issues, rather than a nod to his film making prowess. To me these "documentary films", either right or left, seem ridiculous. This is the type of film that is so overtly biased that it only preaches to his own troop of politicized sycophants. I'm in that middle area that refuses to be swayed by either extreme.

To me, good art has a subtle message that does not try to coldcock you between the eyes with a two-by-four. But, that is the way I like it. To each his own.

I guess "Best Political Ad", "Best Propaganda", or "Most Obnoxious, Pompous, Egotistical, America Bashing American" would be too crass an award.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by kandrathe - 05-24-2004, 04:29 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM