"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Sir_Die_alot,May 22 2004, 02:40 PM Wrote:No doubt he has once again short sightedly blamed guns, big business, and America for the worlds problems.
I have finally watched Bowling for Columbine last night, and I do not see how he was blaming guns or corporations (the latter is debatable, since few of them are involved in stregthening the real problem) for causing America's problems, much less the world's. In fact, when in the film does he spend a non-trivial amount of time discussion world problems at all?

I started the film not knowing what to expect. I've seen glimps of it here and there, but never enough to know what it was truely about. And, being the hermit that I am when it comes to "popular media culture", all I knew about the film was that it's a documentary about the Columbine incident, apparently "anti-gun" and rather controversial.

Well, it sure was about the shootings, but also much more. And anti-gun? For goodness sakes, the man is even a life-time member of the NRA.

Obviously, I've never seen Fahrenhiet 911 since movie outlets in Canada are basically American controled, but when it comes to Bowling for Columbine, IMO, Moore has touched on what the real problem of America is, and you don't have to read between the lines to get it. The only short-sighted people I see are those who are doing the true stereotyping by passing off the film just as another piece of liberal propaganda.

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by yangman - 05-24-2004, 05:53 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM