"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Quote:So, with that being the case, what's the value of your statement? I can't see any, except to artificially imply a marginalization which doesn't actually exist, something easily demonstrated by a cursory look at the crowds his movies draw. Call him wrong, fine, but this is not some sycophantic commie writing pamphlets for the already converted.

I did not say commie. Just like the other examples I gave of popular tellers of "truth" (as they see it), I think Moore has his cult as you put it. To me, he is just another piper playing the same tune to the same audience. I am one of those who doubts that anyone comes out the theatre saying "Gosh, I was all wrong". Those partial to his beliefs are still believers. Those who are diametrically opposed most likely don't go. The ones in the middle, will probably stay in the middle not knowing which extremes are better at spinning the truth.

I would hesitate to even call what he does Documentary. In both Bowling for Columbine, and Roger and Me, he has cobbled together different footage to make the result appear more than it was, and more sensational, or outrageous. I would call that lying with a camera, and no better than those liberals who have been fired for contriving the news. I will have to wait and see how "accurate" this latest venture is. My point about the "Heston Interview" was to ask, how can you trust a "truth" teller who is willing to deceive to get his footage?

From IMDB: MICHAEL MOORE IS A FRAUD - THE ULTIMATE LIST (LAST UPDATED 01-28-04)

I'm just glad when the 15 minutes of fame for rude obnoxious people like Moore are over, whatever their political persuasion. I think given enough time, he will burn enough bridges, and then just curl up with his millions in his fortress in Manhattan.

Is it too much to ask for reasonable people to engage in reasonable debate without the back-stabbing, and vitriol? I'm sorry, you can't get rich doing that.

Edit: Added link.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by kandrathe - 05-25-2004, 03:18 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM