"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Quote:So Abu Graib is now the President's fault...

Yes of course, it was (everything points at this at the moment anyway) more or less ordered by Rumsfeld, and he is still in the government I believe lead by Bush?.

What were you planning to do, sentencing a few of those soldiers to high prison sentences and then forgetting all about it so all the big guys remain unharmed??

Then further on your next post:

First (not saying anything about if the war on Iraq was right or wrong): try to imagine that not everybody in the world thinks and agrees with what the US government does. And realise that in a lot of free western countries the media are also heavliy biased. And also realise that you can be against things "your country" does and still be a good patriot.

Then my opinion: very sec...is it good that Saddam is gone ....yes of course.

The problem however is that we (other countries) cannot trust Bush. Bush says that if for some reason a US soldiers would be kept in Scheveningen to stand trial in the international court in Den Haag, they would liberate him with force.
Bush says you will only get rebuilding contracts in Iraq if you support them. Bush uses lies to justify a war. . Bush does not "help" other country that are in need. (US gives lowest percentual amount of 3rd world support in the western world (I think just ahead of Albania :D ) etc. etc
One thing I cannot blaim him for (but other governments) is the history of support to right wing torturing dictatorships and juntas in middle and south america), in that sense Bush is doing good.

So understand this please. Countrys al around the world are wondering who is next. Weak ones (like my country) try to suck up as much to Bush as possible to get a piece of the pie and to be "safe". (I also love my country very much, only I think are government are a bunch of ignorant fools) Because we know we can be next. That reminds me of canadian bacon (the only Moore movie I saw), with the help of the media you can let 75 % of the people think it is good to attack canada, and this is not far from what would realy happen.

So be careful with telling people that think otherwise than you that they are some strange left wing anti US freaks, but try to look in a critcial way to your own government, it is in the interest of the US itsself if Bush has to leave. (and we're back with Michael Moore again)

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by eppie - 06-03-2004, 07:15 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM