"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Quote:Aside from the extremist overtones that haunt Michael's movies/shows, it is nothing but pure truth. Take any FACT (not an opinion) that the M man says, and try and disprove it.

That's a rather unique opinion on what constitutes "truth". Using what Michael Moore did to Charlton Heston's speech(es) in "Bowling for Columbine", let's do a little mental exercise. We'll start with 4 assumptions:
1) At some point in your life, you have used the personal pronoun "I", or a foreign language equivalent.
2) At some point in your life, you have used the verb "am", or a foreign language equivalent.
3) At some point in your life, you have used the indefinite article "a", or a foreign language equivalent.
4) At some point in your life, you have used the noun "child molestor", or a foreign language equivalent.

(note: if any of these assumptions are untrue, please let me know. It won't actually change the thrust of my argument, though I will have to change the subject from "you" to another.)

Using Michael Moore's "creative editing" as a guideline, it would thus be "the pure truth" for me to claim that you have admitted to being a child molestor.

And I don't think we need an explanation as to why that's ridiculous, and why what I would be doing if I said such things that they would be very much not "the pure truth".

Of course, its not just the far right that looks to discredit Moore; Liberals, his own natural allies, have some serious issues with Michael Moore's veracity.

Quote:What I don't get is where it became the American's responsibility to replace Sadaam with another dictator. You can bet that if the middle-east was oil-dry, the American government would be out of there faster than an Inner Cloister run (the dead rogue that spawns by the cloister, in case anybody was wondering).

Well, we did originally prop the bastard up. It may well have been politically necessary at the time, but it had been long since time for the bastard to have been removed. Shoulda happened the last time around, frankly, but hey, we gotta keep that multi-lateral coalition intact, you know.

And if oil is the reason, please explain to me why gas prices are so high. No, seriously, unless you're trying to suggest we're loosing the oil we're ostensibly stealing, or maybe hoarding it for a surprise release just prior to November (and if so, get your tin foil while its hot!), oil was not the reason.

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by dwa - 06-03-2004, 01:03 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM