"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Quote:And if oil is the reason, please explain to me why gas prices are so high. No, seriously, unless you're trying to suggest we're loosing the oil we're ostensibly stealing, or maybe hoarding it for a surprise release just prior to November (and if so, get your tin foil while its hot!), oil was not the reason.

That is a bit a too simplistic way of looking at it. That the Iraq war was for oil does not mean that your gas prices go down or something. It has to do with the fact that Saddam wanted to start selling his oil in euros instead of dollars, it has to do with securing oil for the future, it has to do with economic interest of oil companies. (did you think GWBush was going to do something for the american people??? wha...of course not, the only Bush does things for is the Bush clan...for nobody else.

I think oil was for sure one of the reason to go to Iraq, together with the interest of big companys that would benefit from rebuilding contracts etc. (no I did not get this from Michael Moore, I think I allready wrote this in some other topic here in the lounge times ago).

And of course (from Rumsfelds mouth I believe) "there were just not enough targets too bombin Afhanistan"

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by eppie - 06-03-2004, 01:49 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM