"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Yes. I think you are right about the Bush administration's motives, they are very hawkish. In hindsight, it might not have made any difference if they had waited. I don't think they believed there was any point in waiting, and only downside risk in letting Saddam prepare more. They wanted to catch him unprepared, and I guess they did. Like I said, I would not have gone to war with Iraq unless they attacked the US or one of its allies. But, I can understand why the US did push the war when they did. I think they also wanted to time it to have it done before summer.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by kandrathe - 06-10-2004, 03:58 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM