"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
I saw this movie yesterday, and I was a bit disappointed. Politics aside, the movie wasn't very interesting or entertaining. The false allegations and half-truths were still present, but they did nothing to improve the film as they did in Bowling for Columbine, which I actually found to be a delightful little thing. In contrast to Bowling, I didn't see the 'red line' running through the movie; there were several times during the movie I asked myself "How is this related to the message and theme of the film?" What did the Christmas-celebration in Iraq have to do with his Anti-Bush-sentiments?

I liked Bowling for Columbine, as an interesting, thought-provoking and entertaining film. I didn't like Fahrenheit 911, because I felt Moore simplified everything, and inadvertently reinforced the false stereotype that Americans are stupid, and must thus be treated as such. I mean, he maniacally twisted words and sentences based on what was shown on the film to come up with some great (but easy to understand) theory.

I'm not saying that all his 'facts' and comments aren't true, but I don't think a documentary ought to 'dumb down' the material in order to reach a wider audience. Things tend to get lost in the translation from "complicated" to "simple", such as the fine art of "counter-arguments."
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by [wcip]Angel - 06-29-2004, 08:00 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM