"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Hear! Hear! The last thing Americans need is to be portrayed, yet again, as idiots. (Thank you Jerry Lewis.)

Are we any smarter than the rest of the world? No. I do think there is an isolationist ignorance in the American electorate, but my experience is that most people seem to be pretty informed. Their opinions and votes, seem myopic, in the sense that they are focused only on benefits to themselves for the present and near future. At least those who do vote. With the choices this year I understand the dilemma. Which privileged, inarticulate, white, Yale educated, spoiled brat would you choose? Is neither a choice?

Unfortunately, our top two choices for President will not change the image of American dullness anytime soon.

Moore's view of American's as reflected in his interview with the Daily Mirror; "Take his description of his fellow countrymen and their blind pursuit of the American Dream: "They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet... in thrall to conniving, thieving, smug pricks." "We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don't know about anything that's happening outside our country. "
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by kandrathe - 06-29-2004, 03:54 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM