"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Cybit,

Is it your contention that the Hollywoodbitchslap article refutes the claims of Hitchens in the Slate article?

(here is the Slate article by the way):
http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

If it is as you say, and F911 draws no conclusions, on what basis would any criticism have merit? It is disengenuous to say that F911 draws no conclusions when it clearly is presented with an agenda (from Moore himself). If I say, "Maybe little Joey is a jerk", if someone were to respond saying that in fact Joey is not a jerk, is it fair for me to chime in and say that "that's not what I said, I said maybe so you cant say that that is what I meant". The implication is clearly there. Hitchen's conclusions are not unreasonable, given the context of the film.

Were you interested in discussing the two pieces point by point, or was it your intent to present the Hollywood article as a contrast to the Hitchen's one?

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Bone - 06-30-2004, 02:34 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM