"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Quote:While it is true that some chemical Weapons are "assambeled" just prior to use, most of them not as it requires more then just a pair of gloves and a gas-mask. In other words most chemical and nearly all biological are mixed and stored right after production as a mix "on the Battlefield" is simply impossible.
I agree they wouldn't be mixed on the battlefield, and I also think it would be done at some assembly plant. For more than ten years Iraq had been focused on avoiding UN inspectors, and so I do not think anything would be in a state that would be readily discovered, or identified as a part of Iraq's WMD programs. You say that had good intelligence, but I don't think so. Certainly no reliable human sources.

Quote:This amendment was created in a time when the US felt an immediate threat from being reintegrated into the British commonwealth and not having the means to defend the country by a standing army. To me the Second ammendment is simply a relict from that time but that is a different issue which has been argued over for decades so I doubt I could bring up any new arguments on this.
There is no difference between the tyrant of 1700 and the tyrant of 2005, only the technology. I would like to believe that the hearts and minds of people can grow and evolve from barbarism, but then I remember that it was my father and uncles that fought in WWII. I look at the millions that are dying in central Africa, or the level of injustice tolerated by civilized nations, and I despair.

Quote:I'll close this argument by quoting the Florida Supreme Court again as I can not put it in better words: 
"This essential principle, that the outcome of elections be determined by the will of the voters, forms the foundation of the election code enacted by the Florida Legislature and has been consistently applied by this Court in resolving elections disputes. We are dealing with the essence of the structure of our democratic society."
Although, the Supreme Court rebuked them for superseding the legislatures timetable for having all the voting accomplished and the results declared to Harris. The democrats tried numerous times to recount the votes so that it would come out in Gores favor, and in the end the Supreme Court stopped them from spending more time and dragging the recounts out another 2-3 weeks. Another factor in the Florida election was that the panhandle precincts were still voting, when the networks declared a Gore victory in Florida. This resulted in many people not voting in these precincts which are overwhelmingly Republican.

Disinfopedia - The Bin Laden Group
How many of Mohammed Bin Laden's 52 children do you want to punish for the actions of Osama?

This Senator?
Quote:I think President Bush and his administration are doing an excellent job in the War On Terrorism. We stand with him and support his policies to rid the world of this evil. And we salute the men and women in the military who risk their lives for our country. The world must know: America is united in this mission.
Senator Byron Dorgan from North Dakota: Radio Address 1/5/2002 :)

Quote:How can it be that Saddam Hussein is a bad guy for torturing people and George W Bush is a good guy but sis also torturing people?
I think we know they are not hostages. They are classified as enemy combatants, and there status has been reviewed by the US Supreme Court. There is a difference between interrogation and torture. I abhor torture and terrorism.

Quote:First:
Mr. Townsend (Homeland Security) stated that the data on which the recent Terrorist Warnings / Alerts were issued is dated from 2000/2001 and last updated in January 2004. That seems a bit old doesn't it? Now the question is, is the Bush Administration so slow to react on Terrorist threats or did it just come in handy to raise the alarm to shift the focus of the election towards peoples fear? (ok, this is realy to tease you, but I'd realy like to know what you think about this)
Hence, orange and not red. I chalk it up to the "better to be safe" category. They discovered some new intel that indicated some new targets, and they did not know if any plan was in play. They raised the alert to orange and released the details, and I expect they will investigate and determine whether it is old intel or something actionable. McNeil Lehrer News: NEWSMAKER: FRANCES TOWNSEND 8-2-2004 I wouldn't be too certain of your source BTW, when they do not know Frances is a Ms.

Quote:Second:
Do you think "War on Terrorism" can be won by military means (as the current Administration is trying to)?  While I do obviously not know if they will eventualy "win" this war [regarding this phrase one should realy check with local blockbuster video and rent "Wargames"] I look back in history and doubt it.
It is erroneous to assume that the war on terrorism is only being fought by the military. Terrorism is a means of challenging the legitimacy of any government by placing the government on the horns of a dilemma. If the people feel the reduction of civil liberties, or their rights being trampled to capture terrorists, then the terrorists win, or if the government fails to prevent a terrorist action then the government looks weak and ineffective. In either case, the terrorists win. There are then three categories of opinion, those who believe the government is acting too harshly, those who think it is not enough, and those who think the government is acting appropriately. The only way to win against terrorism is to find that middle ground and sustain it until the terrorists understand their tactics will not achieve the referendum they desire. Your WWII scenario is in an occupied France, and while it might be a legitimate comparison to the former occupied Iraq, as US troops pull back and are replaced with Iraqi's the insurgency appears to be more the undercurrent of a civil war between Shiite's and Sunni's for control. Terrorism on US soil will be 100 fold more difficult since 9/11. The people here are much more alert now, and any non-citizen is watched with an eye of suspicion. The DHS, and every industry is transforming itself to make terrorism here more difficult.

Here is an link to an article I agree with written by a friend of mine.
Fight Terrorism With Relentless Doses of Hope and Compassion
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by kandrathe - 08-09-2004, 03:10 PM