"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
I better make my replies short this time to make it more clearly what I am realy pointing at.

Quote:You say that had good intelligence, but I don't think so. Certainly no reliable human sources.
Sorry but if you are right about bad intel, then my point of Bush not knowing "that they have them and where they are"(which he claimed) is absolutely correct, is it not?

Quote:
Quote:This amendment was created in a time when the US felt an immediate threat from being reintegrated into the British commonwealth and not having the means to defend the country by a standing army. To me the Second ammendment is simply a relict from that time but that is a different issue which has been argued over for decades so I doubt I could bring up any new arguments on this.
There is no difference between the tyrant of 1700 and the tyrant of 2005, only the technology.
Hm, let's see: "tyrant of 1700" had one of the largest regular military forces in the world while the US had only a handfull of regiments, creating the need to outfit the civilian population with weapons to aid the regular forces in case of invasion;
"tyrant of 2005" unless you are talking about the combined forces of europe, russia and china (suddenly going bonkers and thinking: "Why not invade the US") there is no military force that can match the US Forces on the Battlefield. Resulting from this the danger of Invasionon the US is practically zero. So the "tyrant of 2005" must be them terrorists.

My point is that the circumstances that led to the Second Amendment no longer exist.
This does not however mean that you can not stick with the "Guns for all" attitude but I think it is foolish to base this on the second ammendment instead of the current situation.

Quote: The democrats tried numerous times to recount the votes so that it would come out in Gores favor, and in the end the Supreme Court stopped them from spending more time and dragging the recounts out another 2-3 weeks. Another factor in the Florida election was that the panhandle precincts were still voting, when the networks declared a Gore victory in Florida. This resulted in many people not voting in these precincts which are overwhelmingly Republican.
Exactly my point, it was attempted numerous times to times to verify the votes. This was done by the Democrates and was stopped each time by the Republicans. This leaves the pure fact that not all votes were verified thus the result remains questionable.
The difference with those Republicans not voting because some Network declared a Democrat the winner is that they chose not to vote, which they had the right to, but that does not make the votes of those that did vote any less important to be counted correctly.

Quote:How many of Mohammed Bin Laden's 52 children do you want to punish for the actions of Osama?
That statement is a bit polemic don't you think? Anyway I don't want to punish anyone, I just think that the relatives of a prime suspect should at least be questioned if they know the whereabouts of that person.
The funny thing is that you defend sending those people home on the other hand you think it is ok to imprison those that may be linked to the same person.

Quote:This Senator?
Quote:I think President Bush and his administration are doing an excellent job in the War On Terrorism. We stand with him and support his policies to rid the world of this evil. And we salute the men and women in the military who risk their lives for our country. The world must know: America is united in this mission.
Yes, that's him. But in what way does the above statement rebute the earlier statement of the same person?

Quote:They are classified as enemy combatants, and there status has been reviewed by the US Supreme Court. There is a difference between interrogation and torture. I abhor torture and terrorism.
"Enemy combatants" is no legal "status". It is just the political correct term for someone being imprisoned without a trial and without the need for any evidence and no human rights. Ah, the wonderful invention of political correctness. Call innocent victims of bombings "collateral damage", or for this administration call the cut of school funding "No child left behind act"...
Nevermind, please with all due respect, would you please explain the difference between the way those prisoners in Gitmo are "interrogated" and torture?
Just as a sidenote, the old fashioned way of torture by beating someone up has long been abandoned for psychological torture simply because it puts the subject under more pressure and stress and thus is more "effective".

On the Terrorist alert issue you completely miss my point. I am not stating that the hightened alertness in those areas itself is a politcal hoax. But as far as I know those areas have had hightened protection for more then a year (as far as NY financial district is concerned since 9/11). What I think is a hoax is the way this "Alert" was presented to the public; as a result of new information and a present danger.
BTW, I am pretty certain about my source but not about me as the Reuters News Service provided only the last name in it's News Ticker so there was no gender information. My fault.

Quote:Here is an link to an article I agree with written by a friend of mine.
Fight Terrorism With Relentless Doses of Hope and Compassion
Now that is an article I can agree with completely.
I am not trying to post like a Wanker but my english has a pretty strong krautish influence.

Feel free to flame the content but give me some slack on spelling an grammar, thanks Smile

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by D-Dave - 08-14-2004, 06:07 AM