hybrid shifter idea
any thought on how a werewolf/bear might pan out?

20 Lycantrophy
20 Heart Of Wolverine
20 Fury
20 Shockwave
~1 in pre-reqs.

sorta a variant build (ie. i realize there are more practical ones), heart of wolverine gives a nice boost to both forms (esp. bear), Fury is of course fury. the main deal here is run around as a wolf, switch to bear shockwave for crowd control, switch to wolf, kill, repeat as necessary.

thoughts?
I like playing variants and hybrids. Mine is different :

Werebear / Armageddon

Werebear because I already played a wolf and fury is efficient, but so repetitive...
The bear is more difficult, and so more interesting.

He is naturally a tank, and with Armageddon and Shockwave could manage crowds.

I say could, because I play on realm, and therefore am totally inefficient right now...
(I'm a bear with a max Armageddon who can't use it... :( when will 1.10 be finally released ??)

Max Oak Sage, a few pets and a thorn merc help killing crowds, and I discovered Fire Claws...
Because lot of my points are in vit (I'm a tank), dex isn't very high (just to have a 50% block with Sigon's shield). Fire Claws gives a great AR boost, and in addition have the same synergies as Armageddon.

Anyway, I'm now totally off topic. ;)

To come back to your idea, I just wanted to say that shapeshifting following circumstances is never seen. With my build, I have to do it (human wit Armageddon for crowds, WB against boss) and it's not that difficult. At least you think you're a strategical master !! :)

This build could be great !!!
Pans out very well.

My schizophrenic shifter is built around:

20 Lycanthrophy
20 Werebear
20 Maul
20 Shockwave

Wait, I hear you say, that's no schizo. Well, I've also got single points in:

Fury
Hunger
Heart of Wolverine
Carrion Vine

Still no schizo? Well, maybe not but I do have a +3 shape-shifting amulet that is just enough to give me a 5-hit Fury so more often than not you'll find me levelling as a werewolf for the faster attack and foot-speed. When it comes to questing proper I revert to true werebear form and tank it out. One thing I have found out about shifting from one form to another is that you're looking at a two second delay so as a general rule I only switch when I'm not in the thick of things.

Against Baal's minions, I stay as a bear and use Shockwave/Maul/Hunger. Against Baal himself, I'll switch to wolf and use Feral Rage/Fury/Hunger. I'm a real fan of Hunger - it's an incredible skill in its own right but it really helps to have a common skill when you're alternating between the two forms.
:) schizophrenic actually means that you have become mentally disassociated with reality (ie. your really really messed up) and doesn't mean you have a split personality. (schizo derived from schism, meaning split, but not that you're mind is split into two personalities, but that your mind is split from reality)

from dictionary.com: Any of a group of psychotic disorders usually characterized by withdrawal from reality, illogical patterns of thinking, delusions, and hallucinations, and accompanied in varying degrees by other emotional, behavioral, or intellectual disturbances. Schizophrenia is associated with dopamine imbalances in the brain and defects of the frontal lobe and is caused by genetic, other biological, and psychosocial factors.

random tidbit that i always like to point out when people make that misconception. :ph34r:

even with a 2 second delay, thats not bad considering the long stun time on a maxed shockwave. actually i think maybe investing more in Hunger (for the hell of it maxing it) might actually have some use, since with the shifting you will need some more mana and will probably take hits during it.