Summoned critter attribute inheritance...
Amazon Basin thread where Librarian wrote (just before v1.10 beta1)...
Quote:the life repl ability of the golems depending on the caster gear is (to me...) a proven fact. I tested it with a fellow necro player in a PvP setup, with all golems.

They'll replenish life, when you wear such equip while casting, and even if you change the items after casting, they still do so. I can't say if the repl formula is the same which is used with players, but it's noticeable faster the more life repl was in use while casting. And vice versa, if you don't have any life repl while casting, the golem won't repl, even if you change the equip after casting (except of an IG created from, say, an armor socketed with skulls or life repl jewels, this will add to the life repl from the caster).

Note while using an IG that it is created new, when you join a new game. Your gear while joining counts then.
I've spent about half an hour in v1.10s testing for this without seeing it. While my tests aren't exhaustive it sure looks like the effect doesn't exist in v1.10s.

The whole issue of what (various classes') summons inherit interests me. An odditity I've mentioned is seeing Shadow Death Sentry casts get #shots bonus from my Assassin's points in Fire Blast. If I understand Ruvanal correctly, Blade Sentry is a summoned creature and inherits AR (this seems odd to me, so perhaps I'm misunderstanding Ruvanal's comments).

Clearly some things are meant to be inherited (like the attributes of an item an Iron Golem is cast from, and the Summon Resist skill, and the current skill assignments for a Shadow Warrior). But I'm curious about the non-obvious things (the biggest of which is that summons are created with the caster's clvl for their mlvl).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
I cannot say about any other summoned creatures, but the Clay Golem does regenerate life in between battles.

My only v1.10 character is a Poison Dagger Necromancer, currently clvl 18 in the Palace Act 2 Normal, who uses Clay Golem to draw monster fire for him.

SepticShadow wears no life replenish gear at all - he has not found any. :P

But the life bar of his Clay Golem definitely grows back to full green if I pull him out of a fight at a red sliver and retreat to a safe area.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Heiho,

in 1.10 all Golems have inbuilt life replenish.

In 1.09 they don't have (but I remember some early version where the CG was the only Golem who regenerated his life), but you can trigger it via having life replenish gear while casting as described.

The reason for mentioning this method was not so much to prove the caster depending life replenish of Golems in 1.10, but Crystalion's question from another thread if Iron Golems are recasted when joining a new game or if they are 'just there' then. True, it is a 1.09 testing, but I don't see why this mechanic should have changed.

See a compiled list of beta Necro changes here
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ndpost&p=311675

<edit>
pyto
</edit>
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
I did not catch the thrust of Crystallion's question.

And thanks for the link - I won't be able to use most of the information for this particular character, due to his play-style restrictions, but a valuable summary for future reference.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake