Flash damage type
I was flipping through the wonderful vault of knowledge that is Prima's guide <vomit> the other day when I noted that the Flash spell is listed under lightning spell-types. Now I've also noticed that flash works well against lightning vulnerable monsters (balrogs, certain knights, etc) so always thought this to be true without the (miss)guidance of Prima. The thing I'm wondering is this. If Flash is lightning damage, why are skelitons immune to it? Aren't they only magic immune? Or is Flash magic damage and I just can't remember the resistances of the Hell critters correctly? So lurkers, what kind of damage *is* Flash?
Hi,

For a great source of info, get Jarulf's guide (AKA "The Diablo Bible"). Download it at http://www.lurkerlounge.com/jarulf/ or find it on line at http://members.core.com/~dfrease/JGFrame.html

From said guide:

"Flash -- Type: magic (but uses same animation as lightning)"

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Flash was re-determined into a Magic attack, not a Lightning attack. I guess because it was being much too effective against Skeletons and whatnot.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Regarding Flash, take a good hard look at the area of effect problem, the bug if you will, that prevents Flash from being a super killing machine unless you use micro particularly well.

In short, some adjacent squares will not get very much, as in not all of the, Flash magic damage, while others will get the full dose. Then, read this

Dr Disaster's Teleflash Guide

and enjoy hunting blue snakes. Flash is a neat spell, but it takes a bit of care to apply. :)

Hmmm, is that a bug or a feature? ;)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete