Blocking questions
I've seen contradicting answers on arreat about whether or not the 1/3 nerf applies while attacking, instead of just when running. Which is it? If it applies while attacking, does that include casting?

I'm not sure how block works.
You attack.
You block a hit.
You finish your current attacking animation.
You undergo a block animation.

Can you block more hits before you undergo a block animation, or is there a period in which your chance to block drops to 0%? Is blocking animation uninterruptable?

I also saw on arreat or D2.net that you will only be forced into block animation if the attack would have forced you into a hit recovery frame. This doesn't seem true at all. Is it? I'd test it, but I don't have a D2 disc right now (visiting home)

Help.

Oh yeah, thx.
Anyone, please.
Above all, I wanna know if blocking drops to 1/3 while attacking, instead of just when moving (and, just to set my mind at rest, walking instead of running definitely won't circumvent the 1/3 nerf, will it?).
With this new blocking system, it looks like the current situation is that you can block and not be forced into a block animation during your stun-lock immunity period, but I still wanna know if you have a 0% chance to block after blocking an initial hit in the period before you have finished a block animation.
Please, please help me if you know these answers for certain. One million dollars to the first person who helps me. I am a compulsive liar, incidentally.
blocking gets reduced to 1/3 and def to 0% while running.

blocking is interuptable by a new block, although i could be wrong on that since i've only been playing 2 fps(holy shield bonus) block chars recently. commonly referred to as "block lock"

Quote:I also saw on arreat or D2.net that you will only be forced into block animation if the attack would have forced you into a hit recovery frame.

yeah, and that site also says "the blocking animation will only be shown if you aren't doing anything else", which is completely untrue, except for undisruptable attacks.

also i have to mention how blocking works in 1.10:
1) you hold your attack button and make a new attack automatically
2) in the middle of your attack animation you block, your attack is canceled(up to here is like it always worked)
3) you start attacking before block animation is over, your attack is canceled, but your character still performs the animation
4) repeat 2-3

it would surely be great if it would be like the AS said, then you could survive with 75% block(and not be block-locked) and without <25% chance to be hit.
Quote: blocking gets reduced to 1/3 and def to 0% while running.

Actually while running there is no modification of your defense value. The game just skips the to-hit check altogether and your are automatically hit (100%). This is worse than having your defense modified by a 0% factor. You even loose the level difference part that you would have gotten in the to-hit check and the cap of 95% chance to be hit.
Ruvanal,Sep 28 2003, 07:05 PM Wrote:Actually while running there is no modification of your defense value.&nbsp; The game just skips the to-hit check altogether and your are automatically hit (100%).&nbsp; This is worse than
Worse?! It's wonderful!... an excellent way to apply thorns damage to unsuspecting monsters. B)

p.s. though I do get a little motion sick from running circles around the monsters at times. :blink:
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Crystalion,Sep 28 2003, 06:54 PM Wrote:Worse?! It's wonderful!... an excellent way to apply thorns damage to unsuspecting monsters.&nbsp; B)

p.s. though I do get a little motion sick from running circles around the monsters at times.&nbsp; :blink:
I had a feeling that would be your opinion of this when I was writing it.