Character Movement Frozen
Hello,

I need some help from those in the know. I am playing Diablo II with the Expansion disc. I am currently using the barbarian character in the nightmare level of game play. Five times now, the game had frozen my character in place and shut off all spells and movement other than weapon swing. This only happens when I am really kicking the tails of the enemies. It is getting really frustrating because the only way out is to save and exit the game. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

Also, I thought about using the Battle Net, but when I logged on, I found that I could not access my character. Is there any way to use my current character without having to create a new one?

Thanks much.

Jim Sherlock
Slayer Shrek,Sep 8 2003, 09:18 PM Wrote:Five times now, the game had frozen my character in place and shut off all spells and movement other than weapon swing.
Care to clarify?

So, your character is able to make "normal" attacks, but unable to walk/run, and all other skills are unusable?
Where does it happen? Just anywhere or only when fighting against certain types of enemies? Is your mana orb empty? Are you surrounded by enemies?

Regarding the issue of Battle.net, if you've read the manual carefully, you will notice your characters are stored on Battle.net servers when you play on closed realms (which is where you are brought to when you click "Battle.net" from the start menu) where they are "secure". You cannot use your single player characters there.
Hmmmm, are you sure it's not your "Shift" key getting stuck? Just something to check.
Maybe it has something to do with switching weapons (hitting the W key) in the midst of an attack. That has caused some trouble in the past.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Happened to me once, offline though. Got frozen by a Salamander while attacking, got stuck in position. Couldn't do nothin' but watch my merc clear out the rest of the Salamanders.

If it happens, then there's really nothing you can do about it, except save and exit. If you can't access your character afterwards, just wait a couple of hours until you can, it's a temporary problem that should clear up automatically. If you're prevented from using the character for any great length of time, drop Blizz an e-mail.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Sorry to give the standard tech support answer, but have you downloaded the latest release patch (1.09)? I guess if you've connected to Battlenet, you probably have, but it's a good idea to check on the title screen to make sure it says you're running Version 1.09.