A couple of legitimate Necromancer questions.
I've been away a while and am starting a necromancer. Using 1.10s now and have been looking around the forums and found some interesting info...

Is it true that Skeletons no longer suck?
This would be great. My first character ever was a skeleton necro who got pounded in act 3 nightmare. I would love to start one up again.

Did they re-re-fix corpse explosion?
When Diablo 2 first came out, Corpse Explosion was ALL THAT. Then it was nerfed as to range and damage set at 60%-100%. The problem was that in an 8-player game, Corpse Explosion only did 60%-100% of the BASE monster damage, so it was useless in any game with more than 1 person.

I would really like to build a corpse exploding skelemancer, but not if I am going to get stomped in Nightmare again. That was a huge disappointment. I like playing single player games but always set the players to above 5. Any info would be appreciated.

***********EDIT**************

After som MORE searching, I started finding some decent info about necros at the basin. Looks like Corpse Explosion is back to its old self. Turns out that skeletons are much more powerful than before. But here is another question. The Raise Skeleton Mage skill looks like it only increases the number of skeleton mages you can raise. If you only want 3 skeleton mages, is there any other benefit to increasing this skill at all?
Heiho,

if you've already searched AB for information, maybe this thread here would be of some help with the Magi
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=53&t=29210
Drachasor's posting and the followings

Also you can find here
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=53&t=28857
collected changes of the necro skills, but it's still 1.10beta, not 1.10sbeta information, but all I've seen so far there is not so much changing between the two beta versions except for the IG, which will last now between games again.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB