1.10patch,Teach you how to slain Baal in seconds!
I have tested this smitedin myself and felt nothing else than surprised! :lol:

Yes, with crushing blow, all the boss level monsters will die in seconds with smite! Who said Blizzard has left nothing to our Smitedin? :rolleyes:

Of course, you must be quite well-off to equipe him and his servant in the BN. :)

Testing Char
So, is this a bug or a new feature?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
How many Crushing Blow items do you have on?

Because there's a bug in Crushing Blow in 1.10 (and presumably 1.10s):

The percentage of Crushing Blow items are added together.. and then applied once for each CB item you are wearing.

So for example if you wear the following:

Guilliame's (35%)
Goblin Toe boots (25%)
"Strength" sword (25%)

You will have an 85% chance to score a Crushing Blow.. checked THREE TIMES per hit. The latter part is the bug.

I first hit this bug with my Blender Fury assassin. The mechanics of Crushing Blow are to blame, not Smite. I assume Smite working with Crushing Blow is, in itself, a "feature".

Note also that Crushing Blow is diminished by increasing numbers of players.

btw. I don't take credit for figuring out this bug - that goes to the guys who actually look into the DLL code. I simply abused it without realising it.

also. If you have only ONE Crushing Blow item on (ie Goblin Toe boots) then I apologize and yield the floor to your greatness :)
I counted the items with crushing blow, and it came out that the total chance to score a crushing blow is 103%. :o

Over three items,

Weapon: Unique Scourge (lev10SF on striking/33CB)£¬inserted with Ber(+20CB)£¬in total 53CB

Helm: Set Winged Helm(35CB/15DS), inserted with Cham(can't be frozen)

Boot: Unique War Boot(15CB/15DS)

CB:crushing blow
SF:static field
DS:deadly strike

I did not realize this bug until I read your reply. Thanks and hope you will try this testing Smitedin as well. :D
There's nothing really surprising about the strengths of crushing blow. Even without the bug, crushing blow is already an easy way to decimate bosses or any other single entities and you can do it with much much cheaper gear than what you have used.

For example, using 'black' runeword (thul-io-nef), goblin toes and a pair of blood gloves, you can already get a decent 75% crushing blow... low level'ed and not all too hard to attain. At a higher level, you can have guillaume's face, gore riders, Bers etc.

For a long time, crushing blow builds utilizing CB and a fast attack skill have always been very strong. In 1.10 at lower player counts, CB is given a huge boost by that above-mentioned bug although this is balanced out at higher player counts since the % damage done by CB decreases with increasing player count.
It's a feature. CB is carried over to Smite in 1.09 in LoD, and Classic. My Paladin in Classic 1.09 KO'd Diablo normal with 1 point in Smite and a Crushflange. His LoD counterpart used the same approach on NM Baal.

I think the multiple CB bug (as others noted) is only with the current beta. Correct me if I'm wrong on that part.