The Sobig.F virus
Today in my email inbox, of 110 messages, about 65 or so were Sobig.F virii*. This means this virus is spreading like mad - never seen so many so fast! Be on the lookout for it.

Sobig.F security warning.

As usual, don't be an idiot (like apparently a huge number of people are) and blindly open attachments without thinking.

-Bolty

*The other 45 emails consisted of 43 spams and 2 actual emails! Yay!
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Gah! Will people ever learn not to randomly open attachments?
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Is that what those were. I have a filter that removes all dangerous attachment types from e-mails. But I saw hundreds of attempts at sending document_6994.pif or some such nonsense.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Check this out, after Air Canada had all of their flights messed up because last weeks power outage took out the flight control at their Toronto headquarters, then they had a plane make an emergency landing in Iceland because of smoke from the air conditioning fan. At least, this SHOULD have been avoidable:

from CBC.ca:
A virus attacked Air Canada's computerized booking counters. Check-in agents are doing their work manually, and that has meant long delays for thousands of travellers.

If man was meant to fly, we'd have propellers on our noses.

-rcv-
Aye, and she's a spoofer, too. Which means some folks who think I'm the one who sent the thing to them, shoot them "back" to me, just adding to the load.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I never get spam anymore, nor do I get viruses. I guess after years and years of blocking their spam-addresses, they finally ran out of e-mail-addresses to spam from.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote:If you block them, they'll keep coming.
:D
Oh, the sobig virus. Yeah, I've had a dealing with that. I had to manually remove it from the computer at my sister's workplace when she worked there. Hardest thing was finding a place to park, given that the local council had closed the largest parking lot to build a supermarket on it :ph34r:
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386