Intermittant access to new forums
This is the fourth time now that I've been able to connect to the new forums. So far, after each of the three previous times, I was NOT able to the next time I tried, usually around 3-6 hours later.

Now I don't know exactly how the whole ISP -> DNS pointer thing works, but from what Bolty has posted on the subject, I got the impression that once you've gotten to the new DNS pointer once, you shouldn't have any problems accessing the new forums again. Am I wrong?

- Dagni
Dagni, what do you mean by "not able to access?" Are you seeing the forum down message that I left on the old server, or is there a server error of some kind?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Sorry, should have been more clear. I was seeing the forum down message you left on the old server.

- Dagni
Dagni,Jul 1 2003, 05:26 PM Wrote:Sorry, should have been more clear. I was seeing the forum down message you left on the old server.
Then I'd say your ISP has serious problems :) If you're using dial-up, perhaps you're connecting to different subnets, some of which don't have the updated DNS info? Beats me; it's really out of my hands. Should clear up eventually.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hi,

Same thing has been happening to me. Sometimes the name gets resolved to the new server, sometimes it gets resolved to the old, shut down page. I figured it's just the DNS having a hard time getting themselves synced and updated. To add to the confusion, AT&T just got converted (yesterday and today) to Comcast in our region and that seems to be causing a lot of problems (a lot of 404's that go away on "refresh") and not just on the Lounge.

I expect that most of these problems will clear up by themselves in a few days.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

That reminds me, I have to update my 404 page here on the new host...thanks.

-Bolty