Shakeup at Blizzard!
"Roper said the one of the company's chief focuses right now is to maintain good ties with Blizzard. The departures, he said, were very amicable and it's certainly possible the two parties could work together again in some form or fashion. "

http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/01/commentary...aming/index.htm

They could end up making Diablo 3 and get to do it completely on their terms.
And without the jingoistic lenses, you'd have noticed I said it had little to do with reality.

The word "Americanization" refers to distasteful business habits and practices. The fact the US didn't invent them, and that Europeans actually have even worse practices and habits is a moot point.
It's a cliche, and as such heavily misrepresenting.

But the word is used, and it means what it means.

If you feel offended by it, feel free to send a protest the to EU. ;)

By the way, the Vandals weren't vandals... maybe we should scratch that word from every English dictionary ?
Prior to the 1980's, American companies were trending toward the European model, considering a 4 day work week, and shedding the repressive 1950's time clock managment model. Many corporations were becoming led by the graduates of the late 1960's, an age of freedom and fun-loving expression. In the mid 1980's I was working for a large international manufacturer. The corporate paranoia was focused on how Japanese efficiency was cleaning our clocks. American manufacturers, and ergo many large companies started to adopt the Asian insane workplace slavery concepts.

Now go ahead and demogogue what America has become. In the corporate struggle of survival of the fittest, there is no room for slacking off. There will always be someone more insane, who is willing to do twice the effort to grab your marketshare. 80 hour work weeks, why not? House the workers in the plant, sure! The only counter-balance to that Orwellian nightmare are our social more's, where we convince ourselves what is and is not acceptable.

Personally, I think that designing a "household" or a "family" around two working adults is insane, but that is my opinion. I don't think it is healthy for children to be raised by a sequence of strangers, only to see mommy and daddy for a few hours in the evenings, and on some weekends.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

hello? I just posted that link. two or three posts up.
Signatures suck
I was calling attention to the specific line - looking at your post I notice you attached no particular signifigance to it.

I didnt realize I had to footnote previously posted links when I just use them as a reference for a quote - but in the future I will.
Of get used to being jumped at, dear Arutha.

Or do you, as a matter habit, use the term "nigger rigging" for 'something someone puts together on the fly?' Plenty of bigots use that term, so it must be OK, eh, just like the EU bigots who came up with your little term? The insult imbedded in the rigging term is blatantly obvious, yet the implied insult of "Americanization" in not? Right.

I use the term "jury rigging" for two reasons: one, I learned it first, and two, I figure that going out of my way to blatantly insult people by careless prose is zero value added, and adds hate and discontent to the world for no reason. When I insult someone, I am going to choose the words with some care. ;)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
How nice if it all worked out that way, Ghostiger.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete