cast on attack and on striking items
in regards to my last post regarding elemental masteries. I am wondering if elemental masteries actually will boost the damage of fire and lightning spells cast on striking. Or maybe even those released when you are hit.

Also, this brings up an interesting thought for 1.10. Will spells that you have too that is cast on attacking, on striking or when hit, be benefitting from synergies?

If the leaked beast runeword stays the same, could we expect to see even greater damage from it when you let out a lvl 24 volcano roughly every 4 hits. if it benefits from synergies to boost it? Also, im wondering about just how many volcanoes you could let out at once? Since a furywuffus easilly could manage to trigger several ones. As its currently a timered spell, and potential, this could create a lot of churn on the videocard if its not regulated somehow.

Beast

5 Socket Axes/Clubs/Hammers

Ber + Tir + Um + Mal + Lum

24% Chance To Cast Level 24 Volcano On Striking
+3 To Druid Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 212-250 Fire Damage
55% Chance of Crushing Blow
25% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 To Energy
+ (1.25 Per Character Level) Heal Stamina Plus +1.25-123.75% (Based On Character Level)
+Magic Absorb 50%
+2 To Mana After Each Kill

Since there is no ED on the weapon, but crushing blow and a bit of firedamage. I am speculating that the character is meant to kill with the volcanoes he lets out...and potentially many of them. And again, this is if the runeword stay the same.
>>>I am wondering if elemental masteries actually will boost
>>>the damage of fire and lightning spells cast on striking.

Yes, they do.

cu
It won't stay the same. Think 2 volcanoes per second with zeal?!
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Looks really a bit overpowered to me...

Even with the current bunch of chance-to-cast (which has lowish 3-5% chance to cast lowish 3-8 level spells), I'm already casting a lot and killing pretty decently in hell. This weapon not only has HUGE chance to cast a HUGE volcano but has very good fire damage and even 55% crushing blow on top of that. Throw in the removal of global physical resists + the very fast attack speed and the killing speed will be gross (especially if you can max out the crushing blow %). And if that's not enough, you get immunity to magic attacks (think bone spirit, berserk) too!?!

I can't imagine how much the monsters are going to be souped up in order to create a balance if it is to stay.