How to improve Magic Finding odds?
For my many fans, clamoring to know of my progress in search of decent mf: an update.

First, I switched from a bowazon to a mage. This will allow me to use a shield for mf, though I've yet to find a decent two socket shield to build the runeword rhyme into. I also switched from my mf bow to a gull dagger, which drove my mf up another 40%.

The real breakthough was trading for a shako cap. Endowed with a perfect topaz, this boosted my headgear to a full 74%. And made me a better mage, to boot.

Shako Cap, with full topaz 74%
Wealth Armor 100%
Gull Dagger 100%
rare, pre-1.09 boots 32%
crafted gloves 25%
Nagel, rare rings 52%

I'll have to see if chance chain gloves are any better than 25% mf, I know I have a pair lying around somewhere.

I could wear a second nagel ring for an extra 2% mf, but I enjoy the other attributes of the rare ring too much.

The reader will be quick to note I list no amulet. Unfortunately, I must wear a +20 str ammy to bear up under the weight of the wealth armor, which was never intended for a mage. I'll have to make another set later. When I do, I have a 345 mf ammy to don.

I did meet several nice individuals who generously offered to trade me some Skulders Ire, but for some reason none of them took kindly to accepting crap in return. <_<

If I can find an Ali Baba somewhere, I'll consider trading up to a Barb magic finder. Meanwhile, the hunt continues for a two socket shield, and some Skulders.

If there's anything else anyone would suggest, I'm all ears.
Always remember, wherever you go, there you are.
hehe mf.... :P
though job here's the thing
the better chance to find magic items dosent affect the number of items dropped,only the quallity
hmm 285% mf should be enough
the fact is that between 300% and 1200% mf u only get +102% better chance to find uniq items
higher u'r mf and u will get a mad magical items drop but the set/uniq drop will be almoust the same
that's why 300-350 mf is enough
the catch is to do lots runs fast
u can try this gear:
tal's armour with p topaz in (112%)/skulders with p topaz
goldwarp (30%)
chance guard (up to 40%)
2 nagel rings
langer briser on switch
wartraveler(up to 50%)
steelskull
u can use mf small charms aswell (7% max)
however u should use a sorc/barb for mf they r faster
as a strategy : considere this if u'r merc kills u'r mf is added to his so let him have the last strike
if u kill u'r merc mf will not be added to u'rs
many ppl in the game = more items dropped not better quality
cows now:
hell cows have tc=87 that means the same tc with hell baal
so cows can drop almoust any item (including wf :)!!!!)
cows r also great for charms/runes dropping
u'r mf will not influence the jewels/charms/runes drop :(
hope this will help :)
if u have some questions pm me :)