Shadowbane
Hail lurkers,

I was wondering if anyone here has had a chance to play the MMORPG Shadowbane? It looks pretty exciting to me, but I'm pretty tight on finances for the next few months and was wondering if this game is worth sinking some money into while I wait for the 1.1 diablo 2 patch? Who knows, maybe this game will become my next obsession.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
no.

I hated it from the beginning.
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Any reason in particular? I ask because there are certian features I enjoy in games that others do not, and vice versa.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Hail MEAT,

Before you go out and buy it, I'll give you some of my experiences I had. Right off the bat, the controls are VERY fustrating and the graphics are SO bad- but you can get used to those sort of things. So I went on with my magic character and only discovered how bad the game was.

Shadowbane is a PVP game. There is no control on looting, kill stealing, or even killing once you get out of the main areas. There are groups that go around and make your life miserable (some dweebs are getting much satisfaction out of this).

When you first enter the game you go out and fight a few different monsters to level up. Felt like EQ. Skill system is OK, which was the only thing keeping me playing the game. I was taking on creatures that were way ahead of me in levels in solo play.

I couldn't find a decent group to get with, so the game became more fustrating then enjoyable.

To me the only attraction of this game would be the pure PVP aspect. I've heard there are some major clan wars, so if you can find a clan you might like the game.

If you like player vs environment, play Asheron's Call 2.

I'm auctioning off a ton of my games (including AC2,Shadowbane, DAoC); if you're interested .