So, what are some good recent games?
*Stabs Dee with a spoon*
Recent games:

Far cry
A FPS set in a tropical setting with mercenaries and evil mutants trying to bring you to the *real* paradise. The game was enjoyable. It had an indescribable feeling to it. The atmosphere, the graphics and the sounds were all very good. The AI of the soldiers was also quite impressive. The monsters were difficult and the game was quite challenging. The game lacked a solid storyline. The concept of the game is human experimentation and mutants, and that's pretty much it. You play a guy, who meet up with a girl, and you go and kill another guy. That's pretty much it. The story's as stretched thin as it gets. I completed this game twice. (Watch out for corrupted save games!)

PS: Far Cry requires a monster of a machine to play, so unless you have at least 2.2GB, 512MB of RAM and a solid graphics card, you won't be able to enjoy this.

Manhunt
Gran theft auto with a more sinister perspective. You play a convict sentenced to death, but survives the execution at the mercy of what appears to be the warden who wants you to run around and kill people as violently as possible. Quite fun the first 3 minutes, then terrible repetative and tedious. Avoid!

Hitman 3
Stealthy goodness. Not much on story this game either, but the linearlessness (?) of it makes it a great game. As in Deus Ex, there are always at least 3-4 different ways you can accomplish your goals. There's not only the "run in rambo-style vs sneak in the backdoor" but also the "run in disguised style vs sneak in the side entrance", meaning there are more possibilities than what you ordinarily find in a game. I haven't finished this yet, but I plan to.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Rhydderch Hael,Apr 27 2004, 08:56 PM Wrote:Some stuff about Starlancer.
Y'know, I bought Starlancer but never got around to playing it seriously.

When you bust your ass trying to achieve the mission objectives of the first mission but fail because your wingmen get chewed up in one pass by the enemy, leaving you to take out the entire enemy force, defend the objective ship, and still try to keep your ass in one piece, one tends to get annoyed.

I don't know if it's anything to do with my (then) joystick. I had "upgraded" to a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 to replace my Precision Pro, but getting a lock on anything with an enemy IFF was a chore.

And, for the record, the bantar was grating but infinately less annoying than Wing Commander: Prophecy. Special Ops had better pilot talk IMHO, despite the fact that the cast featured in the Prophecy.

Hmm. Funny how of all the SO pilots (Zero, Maestro, Stilletto, Spyder, and Amazon) Amazon was the only one who could die in Prophecy. Funny how she didn't have a huge part to play in that game either.

Quick Q for anyone familiar with the game: Was Spyder the peroxide blonde guy that used to hang around with Hawk? He seemed to be fairly important in-game, had a movie credit attributed to him, but it was never explicitaly said who he was in the movies, and neither (In-game & movie) sounded like each other.

Edit: *Checks the IMDB* Grr. No photo. Actor's name is Brad Greenquist BTW.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Far Cry

Love it? Hate it? It's been reviewed well and looks interesting.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Far cry is fun. Really fun. It's the Ferrero Roché of games. Sickly sweet with a fabulous wrapping, but with no nutritional value whatsoever. Besides the lack of a real storyline and great characters, the only thing which I have to say is a problem with this game is its spesifications requirements. To get the most of the 'fabulous wrapping', you need a top-of-the-line video card, a 3+ghz processor and 1024 of RAM.

What really struck me about Far Cry was the atmosphere. Sure the weapons and vehicles were fun as well, but climbing those mountains and being able to see everything in each direction. It makes you want to stop and just treasure the moments, to take in the natural beauty of the world they created.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw