Poll: Which bow to use.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
150%ed lysanders with shael (gives me 9/2) no KB
72.73%
8 72.73%
rare matriarchal, 85% ed, fools, (8/2) with knockback
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bows for strafe/FA zon
LavCat,Apr 7 2003, 01:15 AM Wrote:Does razortail really pierce at 100%?  Arreat says "33" and I'm not sure what that means.
1.08 Razortail pierces at 50%, 1.09 at 33%. I'm glad I kept my 1.08 from the first days of the expansion. Makes my trielemental mageazon easier to find skill points for.

With 1 pt + adders into pierce and 1.08 razortail, you get 100% with ease. It doesn't take too many points for 100% with a 1.09 either, but on it's own you won't see 100% pierce.
If you want to add some damage, Crushing bow is VERY under-rated, add amp (amp will also let you cut back on the mana leech) and perice, and you will shred things very easily. Crushing Blow is triggered by the FA splashes. This setup *will* slaughter, proably more then you'd expect, just one problem. due to gear restraints its one of the most unflexable setups ive played, my current zon has bad resists -25% all, only 1% life leech(!) and no knockback. The killing speed is worth it by far, guided (lvl 1ish) can kill *any* (non-PI) boss in an 8 player hell game at the roughly the same speed (provided amp trigers) this includes baal :D . And, FA + perice + amp + max FA + 9/2 or 8/2 kills about as fast as those WF/multishot using dupazons ;) .