post replies
I was just trying to follow a rather long thread in the lounge forum and having a very hard time. Is there any way that you can make a link to jump to the replied to post in its responce. It would make such things a lot easier to follow.
Sir_Die_alot,Mar 21 2003, 09:23 PM Wrote:I was just trying to follow a rather long thread in the lounge forum and having a very hard time. Is there any way that you can make a link to jump to the replied to post in its responce. It would make such things a lot easier to follow.
I'll look into it. But I haven't done anything with my attempt to improve the thread hack since my last post in theThreads thread. What you suggest should actually be easier that what I am trying to do.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Hello. Also, it would be helpful if threads in linear view show the post that each post is replying to. Thank you for your time. Farewell.
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
I too have been having a terrible time with the linear view, trying to figure out who said what to whom. In most threads it is not so difficult to infer the flow, but there is a current thread in the tavern that is almost impossible for me to follow.

Perhaps I should be using the threaded view, but I can't quite understand that either, and I have a slow modem. Using threaded view on the same tavern thread gives me a 404 error. The message said to contact Bolty, who I assume will see this eventually. The particular URL was:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/&collapse=2329

What ever else its problems I found the flow very easy to follow with the old(er) forum software, and the messages easy to read (while they were there). I would love to have the same format here! I had been reading the lurker lounge long before I became a member, but I fear that had I stumbled into the current fora I would never have found the courage to join.

Also, it would help me, at least, if the forum software could be made compatible with Netscape 4.x, since that is the browser I prefer to use. If no one else uses Netscape I can adapt.

Thanks!