Lower Resist past slvl 20
When i researched on the skill Lower Resist for Necro I noticed the diminishing return of the move starts at slvl 17, when the same % repeats. I was wondering if anybody knos the stats of this move past lvl 20 so i can decide whether it's worth investing more skills pts into it.

My items give me 13 lvls of skill boost, so i was wondering if i should max out the skill and give myself a lvl 33 lower resist curse.

thanx for ur time
Hi!

You might want to check chippydip's skill web page. It lets you set your skill level to anything to see what it would do:

http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~cbradfor/diablo2/skills.html

I looked and according to chippydip:

Lower Resist --> Amount Reduced:

26 --> -65%
31 --> -66%
36 --> -67%
42 --> -68%
49 --> -69%

Later,

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC
Hail Piccolo,

I would ask that in future you only make the one thread: so far I've already read three Necromancer skill threads you have started; two of which on Lower Resistance. Please read my Etiquette (link below): it'll help you understand what we accept at the Lounge.

As a bit of a plug, I have a Curse Guide on my site (link also below): that may or may not help you.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
To some extent it depends on how pressured you are for points and the environment in which you play

Consider a necro playing in a heavily powered up large party of cookie cutter uber builds. Max Amp, Max LR and Max CE do make some sense

It depends also on the type of player you are. I'm fairly lazy in that I don't like to micro-manage hotkeys too much as I play. For me using a few maxxed skills supported by a few one pointers which are either passive or rarely used life savers (such as Terror or Bone Prison) makes a lot of sense

The only thing that really is wrong is to put points into a skill you don't use

With one point in LR plus skills you get:
Radius 13.3 yds
Duration 46 secs
Res all: -59%
Mana cost 22

Now 13.3 yd radius for a curse is about a quarter of the screen in 800 x 600 (very roughly). That also gives you a little off-screen range too
The duration is plenty to deal with the vast majority of fights
The resistance penalty is not far off your level 33 LR - for just one point!

With 20 points plus your skills you get:
Radius 26 yds
Duration 84 secs
Res all: -66%
Mana cost 22

OK, that's a big boost on radius and particularly useful for casting at off-screen targets. The duration and resistance bonuses are nice but fairly marginal

So overall you really dont get a lot for those 19 skill points. However in a group where you're lucky to see a monster before it's dead then that isn't a poor choice at all. If you solo a lot then I think you would regret spending there

Good luck with it!