My first problem with this site
Greetings Lurkers,

Allow me to clear the air here, I said I had a problem with this site but that was untrue. Today I decided to try something new and went to the mods page and decided to get v&k's middle earth mod but when I clicked the link it said page could not be displayed. But before I came in here and started to trash talk the link I decided to try something first. I typed in the address for the site and I got the same message. Seeing as I cannot obtain the mod from that site I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of another site where I can obtain this mod. Until then I will continue using the other mod I picked up. (Abyssmal mod) I like this mod so far but I would still like to try the middle earth mod as I am a big lotr fan.

Nomad25055 B)

P.S. Maybe you could give me some info on the abysmal mod while your at it. ;)
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Code:
E:\Diablo>ping d2mods.xfernet.com

Pinging d2mods.xfernet.com [216.234.186.144] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 216.234.186.144:
   Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
   Minimum = 0ms, Maximum =  0ms, Average =  0ms
In other words, the site itself is down. Snuffed it. Ceased to be. Whether this is a temporary thing or not has yet to be seen.

Until then, Google is your friend. I'm sure there's bound to be a mirror out there for the mod you seek.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Today I decided to try something new and went to the mods page and decided to get v&k's middle earth mod but when I clicked the link it said page could not be displayed.

That's because their host went crash a little while ago. (If you followed the "Yep, I'm crazy" thread, I mentioned it here.) You can find Phrozen Keep here, but not all of their hosted sites appear to be back yet. Read down their news page to bring yourself up to speed on their reconstruction.

Quote:Seeing as I cannot obtain the mod from that site I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of another site where I can obtain this mod.

I'll PM the URL to you.

And since they don't make Jarulf's Guide for mods, you'll have to settle for the next best thing: Dview output. Monster data, item data, unique data, all that good stuff as generated by Jarulf's DView.

Quote:P.S. Maybe you could give me some info on the abysmal mod while your at it.

Such as?

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Greetings LemmingofGlory.

I recieved you message and am about to go try the link as soon as I finish this post. I was going to ask about some of the new monsters as well as some of the items but maybe the link in your post has the information I am looking for? Anyway thanks for your help.

Nomad25055 B)
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Quote:I was going to ask about some of the new monsters as well as some of the items but maybe the link in your post has the information I am looking for?

Hmm. The Abysmal I downloaded came with dataabys.txt. Check to see if yours has that; it's what you're looking for.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]