Accepting someone into the SC2 beta on Tuesday is just mean. :)
(05-21-2010, 05:55 AM)Treesh Wrote: He's such a pompous donkey. "I wrote off <this unit>, but..." and "I told him to do this...." Backhanded compliments all through. Good replay, but take out his commentary and it's even better. =)

Edit: Well, at least halfway through he does add in that he was giving some really bad advice.
Agreed. He needs to refill his prescription for foot shaped oral suppositories to control his severe case of mental constipation, and verbal diarrhea. Ooo, that sounded mean. Smile
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(05-21-2010, 12:13 AM)yangman Wrote:
(05-20-2010, 11:45 PM)Frag Wrote:
(05-20-2010, 07:33 PM)yangman Wrote: And, there's nothing stopping newbies from having epic matches that even the pros can appreciate.
I want to rip his esophagus out, interesting but...

It grows on you. :p

They say that about fungus too... Tongue
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(05-21-2010, 05:55 AM)Treesh Wrote: He's such a pompous donkey. "I wrote off <this unit>, but..." and "I told him to do this...." Backhanded compliments all through. Good replay, but take out his commentary and it's even better. =)

Edit: Well, at least halfway through he does add in that he was giving some really bad advice.

FWIW, the advice he gives in general are very sound. This particular replay is a departure from his usual stuff, and is more cheeky and just-for-fun than the rest.

The personality is something I can see some people not appreciating. Me, I loves the child like enthusiasm.
(05-21-2010, 04:10 PM)yangman Wrote: FWIW, the advice he gives in general are very sound. This particular replay is a departure from his usual stuff, and is more cheeky and just-for-fun than the rest.

The personality is something I can see some people not appreciating. Me, I loves the child like enthusiasm.
The childlike enthusiasm? Great. =D Made me miss the days of SC/BW and various warcraft games and yelling through the house, cursing the friends who did very sneaky things to kill off the workers. Just sheer, unadulterated enthusiasm is far too rare in adults.

His general advice, in this particular replay, is basically what you learned in starcraft/broodwar after your first few matches so I discount that as just common sense. Great for someone who hasn't ever played before, but really nothing special. Maybe I'm just surrounded by too many folks at work who think they're fantastic at EVERYTHING and everyone else is completely incapable of doing anything without their guidance so I'm overly sensitive to that now.

And no one nitpick the lack of grammar and sentence structure of this post. I haven't slept yet today so my apologies in advance. Wink Big Grin
Intolerant monkey.
Anyone up for some lurker FFAs? Those were fun in sc1 back in the day. Smile
(05-21-2010, 04:18 PM)Treesh Wrote: The childlike enthusiasm? Great. =D Made me miss the days of SC/BW and various warcraft games and yelling through the house, cursing the friends who did very sneaky things to kill off the workers. Just sheer, unadulterated enthusiasm is far too rare in adults.

"Only a git like Tal masses marines"
(05-21-2010, 05:33 PM)Tal Wrote:
(05-21-2010, 04:18 PM)Treesh Wrote: The childlike enthusiasm? Great. =D Made me miss the days of SC/BW and various warcraft games and yelling through the house, cursing the friends who did very sneaky things to kill off the workers. Just sheer, unadulterated enthusiasm is far too rare in adults.

"Only a git like Tal masses marines"

Always a Jarhead... Tongue
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(05-21-2010, 05:24 PM)Sir_Die_alot Wrote: Anyone up for some lurker FFAs? Those were fun in sc1 back in the day. Smile

Sure. I'm Treesh.meister or for those who have my email addy, you can use the realID thingy since I have the combined battlenet account.

Edit: But I must warn folks that I'm HORRIBLY rusty at RTS's in general and this one being pretty new, am teh suck. =)

Edit2: And with the patch today, now facebook integration? Sheesh.
Intolerant monkey.
(05-21-2010, 11:27 PM)Treesh Wrote: Edit2: And with the patch today, now facebook integration? Sheesh.

And now just about the only way to add an on-line acquaintance to your friends list is to give them your E-mail address. In fact, since the latest word is that chat channels will not be implemented in SC II, the only way to meet someone on Battle.Net would be through either playing a random game with them, or by knowing their E-mail address.
I've heard the beta has been extended to June 7th.
But nowhere near as mean as being accepted into the beta AFTER IT ALREADY FREAKING ENDED. Just got my invite today, spent all evening downloading it only to find that it ended yesterday.

I'm a little irked they'd pull something like this, even if I really wasn't that interested in the game.
~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Five more days. C'mon, five more days.

At least I don't have an evening shift that day so I can play all- Wait, I do.

Well, Wednesday's free. Enjoy your few extra hours of SC2, everyone who isn't me.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386