Happy Birthday Kandrathe
Thumbs Up 
Hope your day is great!
(05-22-2010, 11:37 AM)Tal Wrote: Hope your day is great!
So far, so good. Smile Thanks. My wife left yesterday for Madison, Wisconsin with my MIL, for a nephews wedding. Just boys here this weekend.

One fun scheduling issue is that the youngest has soccer practice at 12, then the eldest has a baseball game at 12:30, then back to soccer field to pick up the youngest at 1pm, then back to watch the remainder of the baseball game.

We've been working this morning on my eldest boy's solar house school project due Wednesday. He had the choice of either making a house that maintained a constant temperature inside, when placed in the sun, or building one that measured the largest variation in temperature with one adjustment 1/2 through the timing. No active systems allowed. Need to have two windows and a working door, and be no bigger than 2' x 2'.

We've opted for the simpler constant temperature house. So far we have the inner wall box completed, 10" x 10" cube sealed with tin foil held on with rubber cement. Later this afternoon, we'll need to make the 14" x 14" outer box, frame in the windows, door, add a roof, and then get the insulation packed between the walls in into the attic. Tomorrow, we'll do the more decorative stuff like putting on white siding strips, and shingle the roof with something white or reflective. I'm trying to think of how to use mostly "recyclables" for extra eco-friendly goodness.

To celebrate though, I've convinced the boys to take me to Dairy Queen for ice cream after the baseball game.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(05-22-2010, 03:24 PM)kandrathe Wrote: To celebrate though, I've convinced the boys to take me to Dairy Queen for ice cream after the baseball game.
Hi, [Image: band.gif]

[Image: pty-bday-globe.gif]

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hi,

Let me second that, and add a great year to you. Wink

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Happy birthday!

-Jester

This!

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(05-22-2010, 03:24 PM)kandrathe Wrote: To celebrate though, I've convinced the boys to take me to Dairy Queen for ice cream after the baseball game.

Wow, parallel lives. I just took my two boys to DQ today. They are both 5, almost 6. For us, it was a treat to reward their good behavior at Hair Cuttery. Previously, they preferred Cartoon Cuts, but now they think HC is better -- but only if DQ is part of the deal.

HB.

-V
Oooooo .... how did I miss this???

Happy Belated Birthday, Kan, from your good old buddy, Sabra.
Quote:from your good old buddy, Sabra.

Emphasis on the old. :p /me ducks.

Oh, and Happy Bleated Birthday Kandrathe.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(05-25-2010, 03:24 AM)LennyLen Wrote: Emphasis on the old. :p /me ducks.
[attachment=20]
Quote:Oh, and Happy Bleated Birthday Kandrathe.
[Image: forlorn%20sheep.jpg]
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I hope it was a good one! Happy belated B.day to you, you long-winded sailor Wink .
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin