Shadowfiend +Hit
What factors determine a Shadowfiend's +Hit? I have been searching long and hard, but not finding much information. Unfortunately it's not a question that can easily be answered with a target dummy.

I assume the Shadowfiend inherits +Hit from the priest, but is it the priest's melee +Hit or spell +Hit? Does the Shadow Focus talent apply? I am guessing Shadow Focus doesn't apply, but I am not sure. And is the Shadowfiend's +Hit rounded down to a whole number?

Is there any way to view the Shadowfiend's +Hit in game?

Any information would be welcome. Thanks.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(06-13-2010, 08:36 PM)LavCat Wrote: What factors determine a Shadowfiend's +Hit? I have been searching long and hard, but not finding much information. Unfortunately it's not a question that can easily be answered with a target dummy.

I assume the Shadowfiend inherits +Hit from the priest, but is it the priest's melee +Hit or spell +Hit? Does the Shadow Focus talent apply? I am guessing Shadow Focus doesn't apply, but I am not sure. And is the Shadowfiend's +Hit rounded down to a whole number?

Is there any way to view the Shadowfiend's +Hit in game?

Any information would be welcome. Thanks.

It should be whatever your base hit is. This does not include +hit talents as all pets (Hunter and Warlock) do not benefit from the master's hit talents. So if you have 11% base hit with Draenei bonus, your Shadow Fiend has 11% hit) even though you get +3% from talents. The Shadow Fiend will benefit from the hit from Misery, so you can get the Shadow Fiend up to 14% hit while you are at 17% hit. And yes, hit is rounded down, so if you have 10.99% hit, that is 10% hit for the Shadow Fiend.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(06-13-2010, 11:13 PM)Lissa Wrote: It should be whatever your base hit is. This does not include +hit talents as all pets (Hunter and Warlock) do not benefit from the master's hit talents. So if you have 11% base hit with Draenei bonus, your Shadow Fiend has 11% hit) even though you get +3% from talents. The Shadow Fiend will benefit from the hit from Misery, so you can get the Shadow Fiend up to 14% hit while you are at 17% hit. And yes, hit is rounded down, so if you have 10.99% hit, that is 10% hit for the Shadow Fiend.

My recollection is that hunter pets currently do benefit from Focused Aim (the hunter +Hit talent).

I am not sure whether you are saying the Shadowfiend gets the priest's melee hit percent or the priest's spell hit percent for its attack. Since I believe the Shadowfiend's attack is a melee attack I would think it would be the melee percentage?

Thanks.
(06-14-2010, 01:07 AM)LavCat Wrote: I am not sure whether you are saying the Shadowfiend gets the priest's melee hit percent or the priest's spell hit percent for its attack. Since I believe the Shadowfiend's attack is a melee attack I would think it would be the melee percentage?

There is no difference between melee and spell hit from gear anymore.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(06-14-2010, 01:39 AM)Gnollguy Wrote:
(06-14-2010, 01:07 AM)LavCat Wrote: I am not sure whether you are saying the Shadowfiend gets the priest's melee hit percent or the priest's spell hit percent for its attack. Since I believe the Shadowfiend's attack is a melee attack I would think it would be the melee percentage?

Yes, but, X amount of hit rating gives different percentages to spell and melee hit.
--Mav
For what it is worth.
From patch 3.2.0 notes:
Quote:All pets now receive 40% of their master’s resilience and 100% of
their master’s spell penetration. In addition, if a player is at
their appropriate spell hit chance or hit chance maximum, their pet
will be at the maximum for spell hit chance, hit chance, and
expertise. If they are below the maximum, their pet will be
proportionately below those maximums.
(06-14-2010, 02:14 AM)Ruvanal Wrote: For what it is worth.
From patch 3.2.0 notes:
Quote:All pets now receive 40% of their master’s resilience and 100% of
their master’s spell penetration. In addition, if a player is at
their appropriate spell hit chance or hit chance maximum, their pet
will be at the maximum for spell hit chance, hit chance, and
expertise. If they are below the maximum, their pet will be
proportionately below those maximums.

Thanks! I had been reading the patch notes looking for this and I couldn't find it. Hunters have reported expertise is still bugged, but hunter pet +Hit seems to be working as intended.

I still don't know whether Shadow Focus helps the Shadowfiend. The Shadowfiend's Mana Leech ability is in the Shadow School, but I assume its melee attacks would be Physical?

Maybe the best thing to do would be to use another +Hit gem to be more safe. I hate it when Reflective Shield misses too.

Edit: Mana Leech seems to be a priest ability, not a pet ability. Hmm, I wonder if the priest would get no mana from the Shadowfiend if the priest's shadow school were counterspelled?
(06-14-2010, 01:41 AM)Mavfin Wrote:
(06-14-2010, 01:39 AM)Gnollguy Wrote:

Yes, but, X amount of hit rating gives different percentages to spell and melee hit.

Not to mention there are different maximums on melee and spell hit.