Old Lurker
Real old Lurker from EQ not even sure if this is the same portion of it.
But Hello any Spirit Lurker's that may remember Mmatil
The Spirit Lurkers.....These are words whispered in dark alleys, behind furtive glances, with an impulsive reflex to check your purse. These are words to inspire fear in the hearts of the rich and powerful, the traders and the farmers, the peasants and the paupers. These are words that when spoken cause heads to turn and spit in disgust, yet not without an apprehensive glance at the strangers standing next to them.

The Spirit Lurkers, you see, are not bound by race. They are not bound by social standing. They are not bound by weak ties of blood or pathetic emotions as love. The Spirit Lurkers, rather, are bound by an ideal--not a noble ideal fit for knights and kings, nor a humanitarian ideal fit for healers and sages. The Spirit Lurkers are bound by a nameless ideal, a selfish ideal, an ideal borne of adventure, treasure, pleasure, ego, daring, charisma, laughter, metal, sin and vice. It is what I have come to recognize as the "Rogue Ideal." Those who would rather fight off hordes of orcs, swim across crocodile infested moats, and run across trap-infested lands for a purse of gold than inherit their father's estate possess this ideal. Those who pursue the opposite sex with reckless abandon, answering questions of commitment with a sly smile which never holds true possess this ideal. Those who dance and drink all night every night possess this ideal. Those who scorn such pettinesses as social graces possess this ideal. Those who sleep with a knife tucked safely under thier pillow possess this ideal. Those who sway with arrogance when they walk possess this ideal. And it is not found in any one kind of people. It is a disease which strikes few people, yet no one of any race or creed can be completely immune.

The Spirit Lurkers is not a guild as other guilds are. Rather it is a manifestation of the Rogue Ideal. Those few who are brave enough and brash enough join because they recognize Lurker Hall as a gathering of others such as themselves. Many people view the Spirit Lurkers as simply a thieves' guild. To view them in that manner, though, is like looking at Elminster as a mere mage. The Lurkers are thieves, yes...but they are not thieves from necessity. They are thieves because stealing is the ultimate challenge... knowledge, charisma, cunning, arrogance and eloquence are only a few of the needed abilities to become a successful thief. By stealing, the Lurkers are simply recognizing that higher desire in themselves to satisfy their Rogue Ideal.

All of what I've said will be meaningless though, unless you have encountered a member of the Spirit Lurkers. The Rogue Ideal shines so clearly in them that you need not even talk to them to see it. They practically glow with it. Movarl, perhaps the most arrogant and stubborn man to walk the earth; Spedlestor, who has never once backed down from a worthy challenge; Chyanna, with her smokey glances and subtle smiles leading half of Neverwinter into a smoldering lust; Arankiel, "the gentleman thief", who will politely pardon himself as he steals your prized sword; Edain Eles, the most dedicated and driven thief, the first to reach the status of Grandmaster Thief....these are only a few of the Lurker men and women, but if you have met any of them, you will immediately know what the Spirit Lurkers are about.

Being Rogues, Being Free...

Do you accept this credo?
Yes
No

Found this so I am guessing these arent the same guilds sry..
...what?
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(07-10-2010, 10:17 PM)Mmatil Wrote: Real old Lurker from EQ not even sure if this is the same portion of it.

Yeah, old for us is well before EQ and not many here played EQ. I think you are looking for different Lurkers. But if you're not a spam / ad bot, you're as welcome as anyone else (which may or may not always feel welcome)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Hi,

I too suspect you've got the wrong Lurkers. But let me join Concillian in welcoming you. Some of us do bark, and occasionally even bite. But they're mostly friendly bites.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(07-14-2010, 05:44 AM)Concillian Wrote:
(07-10-2010, 10:17 PM)Mmatil Wrote: Real old Lurker from EQ not even sure if this is the same portion of it.

Yeah, old for us is well before EQ and not many here played EQ. I think you are looking for different Lurkers. But if you're not a spam / ad bot, you're as welcome as anyone else (which may or may not always feel welcome)

What is this new fangled EQ? DIABLO OR BUST!
(07-17-2010, 10:53 PM)Sir_Die_alot Wrote:
(07-14-2010, 05:44 AM)Concillian Wrote:

What is this new fangled EQ? DIABLO OR BUST!

And some of us occasionally rise from the dead, find our way back here, and are glad to see our account still exists. =)
Old lurkers never die... but, they occasionally fall from the ceiling.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(07-20-2010, 04:41 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Old lurkers never die... but, they occasionally fall from the ceiling.

I was wondering why my head had so many bumps.