Match ups I really want to see on 'Deadliest Warrior'
For people who don't know what the show is, let's just say it's on Spike. That should give you all the clue you need.

I'm not a super avid fan of it, but I don't detest it completely either. It's more like a half eaten bag of chips that I sometimes can't resist munching on.

When I first watched a few episodes in the beginning, I was thinking man...they should really step up the ridicilousness of it and just I dunno, pit Al Qaeda vs IRA or something.

Then this happened.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadliest_W...vs_Taliban

I think I underestimated them, especially after I watched Sun Tzu vs Vlad the Impaler.

So here's a few match ups I really want to see, adhering to the show's basic conceit (everything and everyone boils down to personal combat, no matter if they're frontline combat soldier or strategist, real or possibly composite character) but IMO following it's logical (and by that I mean super ridicilousity) conclusion.

- Lincoln vs Hitler.

Lincoln was a gangly but a wiry and tough wrestler in his youth, he's probably familiar with a lever action rifle, and handy with a sledgehammer since he built the railroads during his presidency. (I checked the innernets on this one guys. Facts back me up. Don't even try to argue.) His famous stovepipe helmet is ok in a melee situations, but against a gunpowder derringer, no match.

Hitler has frontline combat experience, has access to sub machine guns but actually favoured long range bolt action rifles. Short range weapons include a concealed S&W 'Ladysmith' revolver, and a Luger. Special weapon: Spear of Destiny.

- Ayn Rand vs Karl Marx.

....Only one word to describe it really. EPIC.

- The Burger King vs Ronald McDonald.

Since these guys are more of a contemporary era, let's make it more realistic and do it as a squad vs squad scenario.

Any more ideas?
Quote:For people who don't know what the show is, let's just say it's on Spike. That should give you all the clue you need.

I've never heard of Spike.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(07-14-2010, 08:59 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote: Any more ideas?
Hmmm, Spike... Danika Patrick vs Megan Fox?

Original Star Trek crew vs TNG

Gandalf vs The Balrog

Jesus of Nazareth vs Mo Tzu

African Dictators vs Central American Dictators
(e.g. Charles McArthur Ghankay Taylor, Idi Amin, Robert Mugabe, Muammar al-Gaddafi, Mobutu Sese Seko vs the Castro brothers, Daniel Ortega, José Napoleón Duarte, Efraín Ríos Montt)

Asgard vs Olympus

Samurai vs Oni
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I think I might have been overly facetious with the Burger King vs R. Mcdonald, and possibly gave the wrong impression to those who haven't seen the show.

Keeping to the show's ground rules (no matter how silly and ridicilous it gets, it does have some rules so far) I probably should've wrote a better match up like, BP vs Enron.

The basic rules to date at least AFAIK are :

- Individuals are no longer living, and have at the very least a strong basis in history. Al Capone is eligible (and already done), Charles Manson would not until he drops dead.

- Fictional characters are out. Composite characters...depends really. Santa Claus as depicted in Coke commercials, probably no. Saint Nicholas..maybe. They usually play it by ear on this one.

If used to represent a real group, usually yes. The stronger the basis in history to support their existence, the better their chances of qualifying. Anything involving a direct religious figure ie *Jesus, I'm gonna say probably not. Buddhist Warrior Monks yes, but Buddha, no.

*I'm not interested in a 'debate' on whether or not Jeebus existed, that's for another show called 'Deadliest Debater'. If someone want to badly cheer for a Christian based warrior group however, the Crusaders would qualify. (And I think already done.)

- Organization\group\squads, don't need to follow the 'no longer living\operational' rule. The big divider is usually whether or not gunpowder devices is in play. So no US Marines armed with modern machine guns vs English longbow archers.

So Mugabe no, Idi Amin, yes.
(07-14-2010, 05:36 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: - Individuals are no longer living, and have at the very least a strong basis in history.
So no Danika Patrick vs Megan Fox, but Marilyn Monroe vs Anna Nicole Smith would be acceptable. I think I'd prefer the former, but it would be a different show on Spike.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I believe the individual matchups have already been covered on MTV.

It was called Celebrity Deathmatch. It was goooood.