Messed up DNS
I have to post because this is the only website out of a whole lot that I have tried that I can actually get to. I figured that was post worthy because of the sheer oddness.

The Lurker Lounge, the last website on earth! The Internet Zombies are coming!! RUN!!!!!
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(07-17-2010, 02:15 AM)Gnollguy Wrote: I have to post because this is the only website out of a whole lot that I have tried that I can actually get to. I figured that was post worthy because of the sheer oddness.

The Lurker Lounge, the last website on earth! The Internet Zombies are coming!! RUN!!!!!

Fidelity sucks. It should be all or none. Only two of my normal sites are "gettable to" and gmail is being hit or miss. =P

I can make up words and phrases if I want to. Wink
Intolerant monkey.
Hi,

(07-17-2010, 02:15 AM)Gnollguy Wrote: The Lurker Lounge, the last website on earth! The Internet Zombies are coming!! RUN!!!!!

Omega Site

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Check your host file. You may have some kind of malware that has added entries to your host file and caused your host file to be the first item checked when performing name resolution.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(07-17-2010, 03:39 AM)Lissa Wrote: Check your host file. You may have some kind of malware that has added entries to your host file and caused your host file to be the first item checked when performing name resolution.

No it was the DNS of the local ISP.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(07-17-2010, 03:44 AM)Gnollguy Wrote: No it was the DNS of the local ISP.

Since Ynir's post on the subject of DNS problems, I have been using the OpenDNS DNS servers. They seem to work reliably.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(07-17-2010, 12:49 PM)LavCat Wrote: Since Ynir's post on the subject of DNS problems, I have been using the OpenDNS DNS servers. They seem to work reliably.
They are good. I use Google's public DNS sites, since 1) Google very rarely would be messed up for long, 2) they are easy to remember, and 3) they are fast.

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(07-17-2010, 11:50 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(07-17-2010, 12:49 PM)LavCat Wrote: Since Ynir's post on the subject of DNS problems, I have been using the OpenDNS DNS servers. They seem to work reliably.
They are good. I use Google's public DNS sites, since 1) Google very rarely would be messed up for long, 2) they are easy to remember, and 3) they are fast.

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

And Google knows every site you visit.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(07-18-2010, 07:27 PM)LavCat Wrote:
(07-17-2010, 11:50 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
They are good. I use Google's public DNS sites, since 1) Google very rarely would be messed up for long, 2) they are easy to remember, and 3) they are fast. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
And Google knows every site you visit.
It doesn't seem too onerous, and much like any ISP's use. OpenDNS saves statistics for 2 weeks, 1 year, or infinite depending on the level you purchase, although unlike Google, I couldn't find exactly what they record or how long they keep it.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]