What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking!
(07-25-2010, 11:05 PM)--Pete Wrote: If this country gets any more apathetic or ignorant, we'll end up with a B actor as president. Oh, wait, that's already happened.

I offer one point of dispute, and one point of hope.

1) Bedtime for Bonzo was a classic! Whaddaya mean, B actor?

2) If the USA gets any more apathetic or ignorant, you're going to end up with an A-list actor as president. And, just to paint the lily, he'll even be another former Governor of California!

-Jester
Hi,

(07-26-2010, 12:12 AM)Jester Wrote: I offer one point of dispute, and one point of hope.

Which is which?

Confused

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(07-26-2010, 12:59 AM)--Pete Wrote: Which is which?

Neither is either. Tongue

-Jester
Hi,

(07-26-2010, 12:12 AM)Jester Wrote: 2) If the USA gets any more apathetic or ignorant, you're going to end up with an A-list actor as president. And, just to paint the lily, he'll even be another former Governor of California!

Oh, my! What if his running mate is an ex-seal that the seals say wasn't a seal? And do we really want to know that that guy up there in the claw hammer tails isn't wearing skivvies?

Ouch. Dodgy

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(07-26-2010, 12:12 AM)Jester Wrote: I offer one point of dispute, and one point of hope.

1) Bedtime for Bonzo was a classic! Whaddaya mean, B actor?

2) If the USA gets any more apathetic or ignorant, you're going to end up with an A-list actor as president. And, just to paint the lily, he'll even be another former Governor of California!

-Jester

A cynic once suggested that the next president will be either Arnold or George W. For the benefit of those outside the US, both are constitutionally disqualified -- for the moment anyhow.

I'd be more inclined to vote for Helen Gahagan.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(07-26-2010, 12:12 AM)Jester Wrote: I offer one point of dispute, and one point of hope. 1) Bedtime for Bonzo was a classic! Whaddaya mean, B actor?
I liked "Hellcats of the Navy". But, if you want to minimize a man's life by his worst film, I guess...
Quote:2) If the USA gets any more apathetic or ignorant, you're going to end up with an A-list actor as president. And, just to paint the lily, he'll even be another former Governor of California!
There are at least 3 things wrong with the suggestion, 1) natural born citizen, 2) not really a Republican so he won't win his parties endorsement, 3) not popular in California anymore.
(07-26-2010, 07:58 AM)LavCat Wrote: I'd be more inclined to vote for Helen Gahagan.
I don't think dead people are qualified either. If we must choose from the living actor pool, then I'd have to go for Raquel Welch for President.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(07-26-2010, 04:24 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I liked "Hellcats of the Navy". But, if you want to minimize a man's life by his worst film, I guess...

Wouldn't dream of missing an opportunity to help deflate the over-mythologized Gipper.

Quote:There are at least 3 things wrong with the suggestion, 1) natural born citizen, 2) not really a Republican so he won't win his parties endorsement, 3) not popular in California anymore.

1) Easily fixed with a quick Constitutional Amendment.

2) He's still more Republican than Mitt Romney was, before he suddenly discovered he wasn't so liberal, just in time for his own primary shot.

3) California's a writeoff for the Republicans anyway.

-Jester
(07-25-2010, 11:05 PM)--Pete Wrote: Obama ran a campaign on the promise of change. The six rational people (five of whom post on this board) in the world took this to mean that he would try to leave the country in somewhat better shape after his 4 or 8 years in office. The remainder of the world expected peace, prosperity, and good weather the day after the inauguration.
Aye. You cannot begin climbing back up the slope again until you first stop rolling arse-over-teakettle off the side of the mountain.

People are moaning about why they're not flying back to the peak yet.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
(07-27-2010, 05:08 AM)Rhydderch Hael Wrote:
(07-25-2010, 11:05 PM)--Pete Wrote: Obama ran a campaign on the promise of change. The six rational people (five of whom post on this board) in the world took this to mean that he would try to leave the country in somewhat better shape after his 4 or 8 years in office. The remainder of the world expected peace, prosperity, and good weather the day after the inauguration.
Aye. You cannot begin climbing back up the slope again until you first stop rolling arse-over-teakettle off the side of the mountain.

People are moaning about why they're not flying back to the peak yet.
It makes you wonder why they didn't fire the stage coach drivers (well, at least Henry Paulsen got the boot). Bernanke, and Geitner are still at the wheel, ready to guide us off the next cliff.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]