4.0.1 Honor Sink?
I am looking for reasonable ways to spend honor before honor over 4000 is wiped and converted to gold with Cataclysm. On my priest, for example, I bought some stuff last night but still have over 17K honor. My hunter had 14K and other characters similar.

What's worse if you buy something with honor, and your honor is over 4000, the item is not refundable. The crossbow is hideous.

Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy gems, or is there some other good use of excess honor?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(10-21-2010, 06:01 AM)LavCat Wrote: Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy gems, or is there some other good use of excess honor?

Do you have all the mounts? 2K each...
--Mav
Most arena gear other than the ilvl277 stuff no longer has a ratings requirement. You could probably spend a good chunk of honor on that if you don't already have it all. Last time I checked the items were still 'red' on the vendor (indicating that I couldn't buy them) but they should still be purchasable.
(10-21-2010, 01:32 PM)Mavfin Wrote: Do you have all the mounts? 2K each...

On several of the characters, yes. That's what I was working on before 4.0.1.
(10-21-2010, 04:09 PM)RTM Wrote: Most arena gear other than the ilvl277 stuff no longer has a ratings requirement. You could probably spend a good chunk of honor on that if you don't already have it all. Last time I checked the items were still 'red' on the vendor (indicating that I couldn't buy them) but they should still be purchasable.

I read that on mmo-champion the other night and went to check at once. I bought stuff and that's when I found out it is not refundable. Would have been nice if the vendor had given a warning beforehand.

Some of my characters can use up their excess honor buying Wrathful gear, but that won't help all. Is there currently any way to transfer honor between characters on the same account? I checked the Wintergrasp vendors, and they don't seem to have anything. I have 1000 honor's worth of old commendations that still seem to be valid.

Also, contrary to a blue post I saw, I still found some Spirit Shards in one of my character's bank account.
(10-21-2010, 06:32 PM)LavCat Wrote: Also, contrary to a blue post I saw, I still found some Spirit Shards in one of my character's bank account.

Spirit Shards still drop, as anyone who has been farming Anzu lately will testify. There doesn't seem to be any way to convert Shards into Honor that I've found.

That said, my banked Shards were automagically converted on patch day.

It should be noted that Shards are still currency for the goods from the relevant vendors in Terrokkar, so I'm not entirely sure why there was an initial conversion of Shards to Honor.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
(10-21-2010, 06:01 AM)LavCat Wrote: Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy gems, or is there some other good use of excess honor?

You can buy epic gems for 165 Honor a piece.
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
Yep, gems are available and what I've been spending mine on. This turns honor into gold at almost a 1:1 rate on Terenas.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
My hunter still has about 12k of honor to use up. Any thoughts on hunter weapons? Specifically should she go with two slow axes or a pike? My thinking is that two axes would allow for a weapon chain on one and an agility enchant on the other.

What should she choose, or should she get both?
Two axes have been what Ive seen in every season since Season 5.

-Z
Proud Co-Founder of the Widely Accepted and Raiderâ„¢ Approved "FIPIA Strategy"

Zyn's You Tube Channel
(10-25-2010, 11:58 AM)Zyn Wrote: Two axes have been what Ive seen in every season since Season 5.

-Z

My hunter was planning to take your suggestion for the pair of axes, but things have not worked out that way. Instead of 12K honor, she now finds herself with a lot of gold.

And because the cost of two axes was less than the cost of the wretched looking crossbow she bought by mistake, she could not buy two axes and trade in the crossbow. She went with the Decapitator. It was an even trade, and the least ugly solution.

She still has time to buy something else and trade back the Decapitator, if necessary. I did not see any advantage to the sword or polearm over the axe. If she bought another piece of something, she could buy the pair of axes or perhaps the fist weapons, and trade in the axe. Hmm.

Anyhow my shaman has the two axes, and this way I can tell which character I'm playing. Plus the next few weeks are going to be mostly PvE so a weapon chain is less necessary.

Sad, though, as she has always been a fan of axes. In the bank she has her matched pair of Bone Slicing Hatchets that she worked so hard to get.