Rogue Recount
Recount is the addon that I love to hate. My rogue has been experiencing a fraction of a second to a second or two of freeze up after each kill. I run a number of addons, but I was able to narrow the problem down to Recount. No Recount, no freeze.

Oddly I have only seen a problem with my rogue, not my other characters.

From the behavior I am assuming Recount writes data after each kill. Possibly the problem has to do with the fact that I have WoW installed on a small SSD that is great for reading but abominable for writing data. I thought of adding another SSD in RAID if and when the prices drop, but even at twice as fast, the freeze time would still be unacceptable.

If I can't find a way to fix the freeze, I'll have to leave recount off, though it's nice to see Ambush has a 72% crit over many thousands of attacks. And it's a good reminder that my rogue was killed by a murloc while herbing in Westfall. (Actually she Shadowstepped to dispatch the murloc but then fell through the world and died.) Only death she's had in over thirty levels, even counting PvP. Did I mention I hate murlocs?

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with Recount?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(08-28-2010, 11:45 PM)LavCat Wrote: Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with Recount?

I've only run into problems with Recount if I let the data set get too huge. If you have 30 levels of data stored in it you might want to look at backing up the saved variables, clear it and then see if you still get the freeze.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(08-28-2010, 11:51 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: I've only run into problems with Recount if I let the data set get too huge. If you have 30 levels of data stored in it you might want to look at backing up the saved variables, clear it and then see if you still get the freeze.

I deleted the data. The freeze is gone, but then so is the data. I guess my other characters didn't have the problem because I clear Recount before going into Wintergrasp, which is usually several times a day.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."