Looking for: Content Posters
I'm looking for users interested in maintaining a News presence for the "front end" of the site. Keeping up with game announcements, Lounge news, what's going on, etc.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Tori & I might be willing to do so, though I can't see us having quite the same knowledge as others who have done regular website work previously.

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(09-12-2010, 07:45 PM)Bolty Wrote: I'm looking for users interested in maintaining a News presence for the "front end" of the site. Keeping up with game announcements, Lounge news, what's going on, etc.

I nominate katemoss.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
We have a front end?
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(09-14-2010, 09:25 AM)LavCat Wrote:
(09-12-2010, 07:45 PM)Bolty Wrote: I'm looking for users interested in maintaining a News presence for the "front end" of the site. Keeping up with game announcements, Lounge news, what's going on, etc.

I nominate katemoss.

Sadly I just banned her. Sad
Hmm... Well, I can probably keep up with things, Let me know what you are wanting done, and I could probably take some time to keep up with that. Honestly, I just found the portal, and Like the idea of it.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(09-15-2010, 02:46 PM)shoju Wrote: Honestly, I just found the portal, and Like the idea of it.

The portal obviously shows up if you go to www.lurkerlounge.com. If you're like many forum goers and you get here by going directly to the forum page, you'll miss it. But all the portal page shows is what is in this forum here ("News and Announcements").

I should have clarified - basically a content poster is someone who has access to post new threads in the News and Announcements forum (anyone can post replies to comment), which will then appear on the front-end portal page when visitors come here. It's a slightly more friendly first page for site visitors. The forum still drives everything.

The front end will likely become more active when the site starts to seriously cover a new game, whether that be Diablo III, Torchlight II, you-name-it.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Okay, so we got Tori, Frag, and Shoju. Last call for more!
(09-25-2010, 01:03 AM)Bolty Wrote: Okay, so we got Tori, Frag, and Shoju. Last call for more!

I'm a power mad monkey and I'm on these forums all the time, but I don't actually follow other stuff enough to really be any good at something like this even though I'd like to. Smile
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Frag and shoju can create threads here now. Have fun storming the castle. Smile
Whee!
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Hey Bolty,
Hey LL people. It's been a while but I decided to de-lurk for a sec to say "howdy" to everyone. Keep us posted with anything you hear about D3!

Take care,
Den