Cores for Cataclysm
(10-15-2010, 02:55 AM)Concillian Wrote: Try running windowed fullscreen. Alt tabbing is not borked that way.

d3d11 does not look any different, just faster.

Does it minimize for you or just give you the task bar with the game screen static in the background? I suspected it was the -d3d11 switch that had broken the windows key (alt-tab) but hadn't taken the switch off and couldn't get either windowed mode to minimize. I went to the -d3d11 switch to prevent the lockup that porting into dal was causing.

I also found another glitch using the switch. If you go down below dal (to gather carrots) I would see the ground texture repeated in the river until I got close. It went away when I turned one of the sliders down (water quality?).
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(10-15-2010, 01:41 PM)LochnarITB Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 02:55 AM)Concillian Wrote: Try running windowed fullscreen. Alt tabbing is not borked that way.

d3d11 does not look any different, just faster.

Does it minimize for you or just give you the task bar with the game screen static in the background? I suspected it was the -d3d11 switch that had broken the windows key (alt-tab) but hadn't taken the switch off and couldn't get either windowed mode to minimize. I went to the -d3d11 switch to prevent the lockup that porting into dal was causing.

I also found another glitch using the switch. If you go down below dal (to gather carrots) I would see the ground texture repeated in the river until I got close. It went away when I turned one of the sliders down (water quality?).
It doesn't minimize. However, with the slider for max FPS while in the background, it doesn't really have to, it significantly reduces the computer resources used just being in the background.

I usually use it to web browse while being able to keep an eye on chat windows and if my queue pops, never really wanted it to minimize. I can alt-tab though. It definitely doesn't break alt-tab.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
(10-15-2010, 06:11 PM)Concillian Wrote: It doesn't minimize. However, with the slider for max FPS while in the background, it doesn't really have to, it significantly reduces the computer resources used just being in the background.

I usually use it to web browse while being able to keep an eye on chat windows and if my queue pops, never really wanted it to minimize. I can alt-tab though. It definitely doesn't break alt-tab.

I am trying to get used to d3d11 alt tabbing. I suspect it is a Microsoft feature rather than a Blizzard problem. Except for the alt tabbing d3d11 works great. It lets me run native screen resolution, everything ultra, with AA, at 60 fps.

I had had a problem with getting only 10-15 fps, but that was due to a bad addon.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."