Cata tailoring Question - About Bags
It seems initially that cloth and what can be made from it will be based on Embersilk.

In TBC to get the best bang for the buck on bags | 2 pieces of cloth instead of just one per transmute | tailors specced mooncloth. In WoLK is was Neatherweave.

I'm not finding anything based on Embersilk that shows potential for returning 2 pieces of cloth per transmute in Catacylsm. I'm not finding anything that suggests which spec would be best to adopt for bag creation. If hazarding a guess, I'd say spellcloth.

Who knows what about 2 for 1 tranmutes?
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(11-29-2010, 01:50 PM)Sabra Wrote: It seems initially that cloth and what can be made from it will be based on Embersilk.

In TBC to get the best bang for the buck on bags | 2 pieces of cloth instead of just one per transmute | tailors specced mooncloth. In WoLK is was Neatherweave.

I'm not finding anything based on Embersilk that shows potential for returning 2 pieces of cloth per transmute in Catacylsm. I'm not finding anything that suggests which spec would be best to adopt for bag creation. If hazarding a guess, I'd say spellcloth.

Who knows what about 2 for 1 tranmutes?

Hello there,

What I understand about tailoring is that you will create Dreamcloth by 6 different spells. These are soulbound to the tailor and each of the different dream spells transmute 1 cloth. The cool down is one week for each of the transmutes except for one (Dream of Destruction). Dream of Destruction will use Chaos Orbs (the new frozen orbs). Here is a list of the different spells used to create the cloth.

Dream of Azshara
Dream of Deepholm
Dream of Destruction
Dream of Hyjal
Dream of Ragnaros
Dream of Skywall

I expect that the items created by these will be at a premium price because you won't be able to buy or sell the cloth on the auction house. It appears they have taken a different approach this time compared to the previous expansions.
Dunno if this is helpful or not Sabra: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1690...-Cataclysm
One thing to note is that the non-shared cooldown appears to mean that the tailor will be able to transmute 5 dreamcloth per week (6 using a chaos orb), not just 1. It will still make for very pricey items, but not quite as bad as it might have been.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Thanks, Guys. You've got me seeing a little bit different picture now.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(11-29-2010, 05:35 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: One thing to note is that the non-shared cooldown appears to mean that the tailor will be able to transmute 5 dreamcloth per week (6 using a chaos orb), not just 1. It will still make for very pricey items, but not quite as bad as it might have been.

The Dream of Destruction pattern uses 5x Chaos Orbs per transmute and has no cool down. So if you had a sufficient supply of Orbs, then you would have any amount of cloth you could make at one time with this single transmute. The limit will be that in the early stages of the expansion the Orbs will be a primium item for most players to collect (but potentially a problem since they are BoP items). Later when most of the crafting items have been obtained by enough players, then their value may decrease.

The problem I see is when some non-crafter characters start taking the Orbs.
Wow... the 22 slot bag is going to be very expensive. 15 bolts of cloth, and 15 enchanting dust?!

I'm not really excited about that Sad

Though, you could be stuck like ENG right now.... it looks like getting from 455 to 470 we will be making everyone cheap goggles for their alts, 470 to 495 we will be flooding the market with scopes, and from 495 to 515 we will be flooding it with Non Combat Pets.

I'm not really excited about the "depth" of the professions so far. I have looked over ENG, Enchanting, and Alchemy. So far, ENG and Enchanting look far less "fleshed out" than Alchemy.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(11-29-2010, 10:25 PM)Ruvanal Wrote: The problem I see is when some non-crafter characters start taking the Orbs.

Why? They're BoE, they're auctionable, surely everyone has equal claim to them? If crafters want them, they can buy them. If non-crafters get them, they can sell them.

-Jester
(11-30-2010, 03:05 PM)Jester Wrote:
(11-29-2010, 10:25 PM)Ruvanal Wrote: The problem I see is when some non-crafter characters start taking the Orbs.

Why? They're BoE, they're auctionable, surely everyone has equal claim to them? If crafters want them, they can buy them. If non-crafters get them, they can sell them.

-Jester

They seem to be BoP.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
On Beta they were indeed BoP, and there was much anger when people with no crafting prof took them.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(11-30-2010, 02:52 PM)shoju Wrote: Wow... the 22 slot bag is going to be very expensive. 15 bolts of cloth, and 15 enchanting dust?!

I'm not really excited about that Sad

Though, you could be stuck like ENG right now.... it looks like getting from 455 to 470 we will be making everyone cheap goggles for their alts, 470 to 495 we will be flooding the market with scopes, and from 495 to 515 we will be flooding it with Non Combat Pets.

I'm not really excited about the "depth" of the professions so far. I have looked over ENG, Enchanting, and Alchemy. So far, ENG and Enchanting look far less "fleshed out" than Alchemy.

Yeah I am seriously thinking about dropping Tailoring on my warlock for Alchemy. And then taking alchemy on any other alt I end up levelling. It is just so danged useful, and you can become a dragon!
Right now all bags except the enchanting bag are showing as BoE on MMO Champions

Crafting is a drag. I don't plan to do any of it on my alts, till I hit max boredom. Butchagottahavebags

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(11-30-2010, 10:55 PM)Sabra Wrote: Right now all bags except the enchanting bag are showing as BoE on MMO Champions

Crafting is a drag. I don't plan to do any of it on my alts, till I hit max boredom. Butchagottahavebags

The enchanting bag is BoE. There are Chaos Orbs that are BoP and used for making many top end items. One use is a no cooldown Dreamcloth tailoring recipe that is not listed on the MMO tailoring page. A step back to the way critical crafting items were at the start of Burning Crusade.