Hunter petattack broken?
The hunter spell pettack seems broken. The spell petattack is in the spell book but tageting a mob and casting pettattack does not do anything. The dumb pet just sits there. If the hunter attacks first, the pet will happily join in.

I may have missed some piece of information from the patch. Any thoughts?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Ahoy!

Assuming you ran into this problem with a fresh hunter;

I started an undead hunter to check out the new quests and such, and came across the same thing. After a little raging of my own I found out that this is actually a "feature", tied in with the new "buff" of starting out with a pet at level 1. You can't give your trusty friend direct commands until you hit level 10 and learn the appropriate skill. After that, it works just like before the latest patch.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(12-06-2010, 01:13 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: Ahoy!

Assuming you ran into this problem with a fresh hunter;

I started an undead hunter to check out the new quests and such, and came across the same thing. After a little raging of my own I found out that this is actually a "feature", tied in with the new "buff" of starting out with a pet at level 1. You can't give your trusty friend direct commands until you hit level 10 and learn the appropriate skill. After that, it works just like before the latest patch.

take care
Tarabulus

Yes mine is a human hunter, level 5. I could understand not giving the skill till level 10. That would almost make some sense. My complaint is that the skill is in the skill book. It is not grayed out, nor does the text say the ability will be available at a higher level. It just does not work.

At least the wolf looks cute playing in the water while I fish. (Though not as cute as the singing sunflower standing next to me.)
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Ah. The skill in the skill book is there because the pet CAN attack (and does). You just don't have direct control over your pet. Graying it out or giving the info on the tooltip, as you suggest, would certainly go some (if not all the) way towards making this less confusing for new hunters. A little line from your trainer or some other NPC explaining your need for more experience in pet-handling would help as well, for those of us who enjoy reading those things. A quest would be best, of course Smile.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.