Engineering 4.0.6
Sounds to me like you guys need to also join the ranks of us Archaeologists for an extra dose of masochism. Tongue (600+ solves with 6 rares to go Rolleyes )
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I have been trying to do archaeology and it just drives me nuts
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(02-15-2011, 12:19 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: Sounds to me like you guys need to also join the ranks of us Archaeologists for an extra dose of masochism. Tongue (600+ solves with 6 rares to go Rolleyes )

Yeah, Fasolt, my engineer/alchemist/archaeologist has been working on the Sandstone Drake. I've done some archaeology in real life, and it was almost as much fun.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(02-15-2011, 01:09 AM)shoju Wrote: I have been trying to do archaeology and it just drives me nuts

I've leveled from 81 to 85 exclusively with Archaeology Smile.

It has in no way affected my mind LALALALALA DIDAAAAHHHH!!!!

Erm. Right.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(02-15-2011, 01:53 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 01:09 AM)shoju Wrote: I have been trying to do archaeology and it just drives me nuts

I've leveled from 81 to 85 exclusively with Archaeology Smile.

It has in no way affected my mind LALALALALA DIDAAAAHHHH!!!!

Erm. Right.

take care
Tarabulus

In my experience leveling with herbalism is faster. Who needs quests?
(02-15-2011, 12:19 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: Sounds to me like you guys need to also join the ranks of us Archaeologists for an extra dose of masochism. Tongue (600+ solves with 6 rares to go Rolleyes )

I realize this is an engineering thread, but since you broached the subject, I have an archaeology related question: if you are assigned a dig site in a Horde town, in this case Grom'gol Outpost, and you happen to be Alliance and not yet 85, how do you deal with it? Do you bring in an 85 character and clear out the guards, hoping that there are not a lot of Horde in town? The townfolk of Grom'gol get positively shirty when I try to survey there.
(02-15-2011, 11:43 AM)LavCat Wrote: I realize this is an engineering thread, but since you broached the subject, I have an archaeology related question: if you are assigned a dig site in a Horde town, in this case Grom'gol Outpost, and you happen to be Alliance and not yet 85, how do you deal with it? Do you bring in an 85 character and clear out the guards, hoping that there are not a lot of Horde in town? The townfolk of Grom'gol get positively shirty when I try to survey there.

I've never seen one. If there were a site in enemy territory, for either side, it would effectively lock out one slot of your four per continent forever since I've not seen anything that will reset your list, although you can reset a single fragment location on the occasion that the game does put one just outside the dig site. There is a dig site just to the north of Grom'Gol, and possibly one to the east. Are you sure it was actually in the outpost? The worst one for me, with regard to mobs, is the Grim Batol corridor. A couple dig spots can be in the area patrolled by the enemy and the timing and location of the surveys have to be fairly precise to expose the piece and then you have to be careful to aggro just a single pair without drawing a crowd.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(02-15-2011, 11:43 AM)LavCat Wrote:

I realize this is an engineering thread, but since you broached the subject, I have an archaeology related question: if you are assigned a dig site in a Horde town, in this case Grom'gol Outpost, and you happen to be Alliance and not yet 85, how do you deal with it? Do you bring in an 85 character and clear out the guards, hoping that there are not a lot of Horde in town? The townfolk of Grom'gol get positively shirty when I try to survey there.

Uh, the dig site you are talking about (they are fixed) is just outside of Grom'gol. I am unsure if it actually covers the outpost as well, but I am certain that you can survey it from the outside.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
(02-16-2011, 09:15 AM)Taelas Wrote: Uh, the dig site you are talking about (they are fixed) is just outside of Grom'gol. I am unsure if it actually covers the outpost as well, but I am certain that you can survey it from the outside.

Correct and thanks. It had been Fasolt's very first site and I guess she did not try hard enough. As it turns out the first fragment was uncomfortably close to the Grom'gol fence, but we got it without aggroing anyone.

Tonight we got two rare solves at the same time: Fossilized Raptor and Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds. Just hit 450 Archaeology.

I was hoping the sword would be an upgrade to my Death Knight's starter weapon. Then I checked the stats. Time to start leveling Omophilia. The color matches her eyes too.
Heh!

Well, congratulations. That's extremely quick. My brother has been solving troll artifacts for weeks without seeing it. He'd go nuts if he knew.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
(02-24-2011, 03:04 PM)LavCat Wrote: Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds. Just hit 450 Archaeology.

Angry
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(02-25-2011, 12:34 AM)LochnarITB Wrote:
(02-24-2011, 03:04 PM)LavCat Wrote: Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds. Just hit 450 Archaeology.

Angry
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(02-25-2011, 12:34 AM)LochnarITB Wrote:

Angry

Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(03-01-2011, 02:31 PM)Lissa Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 12:34 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: [quote='LavCat' pid='185077' dateline='1298559874']Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds. Just hit 450 Archaeology.

Angry

No Vial of the Sands yet, though. No camel mount so far either.
(03-01-2011, 05:06 PM)LavCat Wrote:
(03-01-2011, 02:31 PM)Lissa Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 12:34 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: [quote='LavCat' pid='185077' dateline='1298559874']Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds. Just hit 450 Archaeology.

Angry

No Vial of the Sands yet, though. No camel mount so far either.

I did get the bug mount last night. I've wanted one since we first saw them in AQ so I'm pleased with that. I'm 730+ solves in and still need the recipe for the vial plus the troll rare and 4 Uldum rares. I've seen at least one post of someone over 1300 solves and still looking for them so I guess I could be doing worse. Rolleyes
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."